winchester model 70 bolt take down! help!

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by da357mag, Apr 18, 2011.

1. da357mag

da357mag New Member

Hi guys! Well I hit another snag! I am going to trade some bolt jeweling and some stock work for a pre 64 model 70, rebarreled in 22-250! I just hope it is the "modern" chamber and not the varminter chamber!:eek: Anyway one of the bolts he wants me to do is a model 70 bolt, and I can't find any info on how to take this bolt apart!:confused: Could one of you point me in the right direction?
    There is a button on the side and I'm wondering if I pulled the cocking piece and pressed in on it would it allow me to unscrew the shroud and take out the firing pin! Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance! Doug
  2. goofy

goofy Well-Known Member

Hello da357mag If you are talking post-"64" model 70 I have the disassembly instructions but are long winded so if you PM me with your info i'll get back to you with a copy of it(it would take me all night to type it and i am having nothing but proublems downloading it to the forum)I HATE THIS COMPUTER STUFF someday i will learn how to use it .Let me know..............GOOFY:)All i need is your e-mail
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2011
  3. goofy

goofy Well-Known Member

da357mag Well i e-mailed you the info if it didnt work let me know.I REALY SUCK WITH THIS BOX (COMPUTER)it is allways telling me i cant do what i want to do.but anyway i hope this is what you needed................GOOFY:eek: