Winchester Model 70

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by delta13soultaker, Mar 8, 2009.

1. delta13soultaker

delta13soultaker New Member

I thought getting a new Model 70 was bygone, but I guess I was wrong.

*I sure wish the '94 was still in production though.

http://www.winchesterguns.com/prodinfo/catalog/index.asp

"The timeless Model 70 is back and better than ever! It still retains the famous lines, fit and finish, 3-position safety and unparalleled accuracy. It is being produced in Columbia, South Carolina, the same state-of-the art factory as the rifles and machine guns used by America’s Armed Forces in defending our freedom. The new Model 70 is made to the exact ISO 9002 standard of quality that Uncle Sam insists upon for military firearms. The all-new M.O.A.™ Trigger System is the most precise three-lever trigger in the world. There is no take up, no creep and no overtravel. Nothing can match it, and you should settle for nothing less. This new trigger helps the Model 70 deliver the extreme accuracy benchmark 1” group at 100 yards. You can do this in this incredible rifle. The classic Pre-’64 controlled round feeding, three-position safety and solid, sure handling are characteristics of the Model 70 that will preserve it for a lifetime. You must see it. There is a Super Grade, Featherweight Deluxe, Sporter Deluxe and Extreme Weather SS, all new and exciting for 2008."
  2. Delta, unless it's a pre-'64 Winchester, I wouldn't buy it! :D
  3. delta13soultaker

delta13soultaker New Member

I can dig that.:)
  4. mrkirker

mrkirker New Member

ISO 9002 standard
    I'd stick with the Pre-'64 standard.
  5. billyboy

billyboy New Member

I have one of the new model 70 in featherweight 270 and it is a shooter ,also fit and finish are great on this rifle.