Winchester Model 75 - worth anything?

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by LEarnest516, Feb 8, 2008.

1. LEarnest516

LEarnest516 New Member

Hello, I recently found an old rifle in my attic. It's a Winchester Model 75 with target sights, 28 inch version. It has a button in a relief on the left side for ejecting the cartridge. The rear sight is a hole-in-disk, the front is a globe with insert. The rifle itself is in really good condition, no deep scratches, no rust on the gun, with a once over it could look nearly new. The only problem is that I can't find it's bolt. Is it worth anything without said bolt? 1st post here, thanks :)
  2. wonderwhippet

wonderwhippet Active Member

Without the bolt it's just a parts gun and worth whatever a parts dealer will pay. My guess is $25 to $35.
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2008
  3. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

4. Oneida Steve

Oneida Steve Active Member

+1 to Xracer. That gun is definitely worth more than $25. Take Xracer's advice and look for a used bolt.

That button on the side is to release the magazine (clip) from the rifle. Does your gun still have the magazine? It alone is worth $25.
  5. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Your best bet for a bolt assembly might be here:

Jack First, Inc.
    1201 Turbine Dr.
    Rapid City, SD 57703
    Parts: (605) 343-9544
    Retail Store: (605) 343-8481
    Fax: (605) 343-9420
  6. ibtrukn

ibtrukn New Member

wonderboy UR all hart. the front site is werth that much. sure he can find abolt for it just look around a lil bit. Gun Parts Inc WQest Hurley NY mebbe. pickup a copy of The Gun List dont bother with shotgun news less yur outta toilet paper:cool:
  7. gowah

gowah New Member

I may be interested in your model 75 winchester w/o the bolt. Would you consider selling it
  8. muddober

muddober Active Member

Assuming you have no idea where the gun came from I would suggest you look further in in every crook and cranny of your attic for the bolt. It is somewhat of a common practice for a person to take the bolt out of their guns so a thief won't steal the gun. I know guys who go to Africa that put their bolts in their luggage and just the the rest of the gun in a hard case.

Also your gun in my opinion still has a lot more value than just a parts gun and I would guess in the 2 to 3 hundred dollar range.

Ron
  9. Hammerslagger

Hammerslagger New Member

A bolt for a W75 or W69A is likely to go for $100 to $125, if you can find one.
  10. mrkirker

mrkirker New Member

Welcome!
    Muddober is correct. The Model 75 was a fine mid-weight target .22 in it's day, and still makes a fine squirrel rifle, though a touch heavy for all day carrying.

After finding 'era-correct' sights and accessories for my two 75's, the $300 'parts price' actually could be a bit LOW for the set up mentioned in your first post if the current sights are of good quality. (My 2ยข)