winchester model 90

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by tx dave, Nov 19, 2009.

1. tx dave

tx dave New Member

This 22 has been in wifes family for yrs. The sr# is 614673. I would like to find out what it is worth & what yr it was made. It has several stamped patent dates on the barrel, if that helps. It is a keep sake so it will stay in the family. Thanks for any info. ps brother inlaw says it is a very good shooter.
  2. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Winchester model 1890, 22 pump, SN 614673, was made in 1919.

Value would depend on condition. Mine is a lovely shade of brown all over. Some 40 years ago, kid playing Army butt-stroked a tree, and broke the wrist. It's been mended with adhesive tape. Old dirty tape-mend is kinda cool - looks like rawhide. Might be worth, maybe, three hundred.

One that looks like it just came from Winchester, with solid bluing and bright case colors and unmarked stock varnish, could be worth several thousand.
  3. tx dave

tx dave New Member

thanks for info. the barrel is brown now but i wiped it with rem oil. the stock is scatched up. but not cracked or broken. thanks ajain.