Winchester model 95 3030

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by sawmill hank, Jan 28, 2007.

1. sawmill hank

sawmill hank New Member

I am interested in knowing the value of a Winchester 3030 model 95. I bought the gun used some time in the 80's and have never used it much. Shot it once to stop a charging bull. . . .It wasn't sighted in but the bull stopped before it killed me so it couldn't have been so bad.

I believe this piece is pre '61 but am not sure. It is a round barrel and had the original stock--which is in excellent shape. The barrel itself is in good condition with a minor spot of rust or two.

I'll try to get some photos of this and my other two pieces posted as I can.
  2. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Hi again Hank.

Are you sure your Model 1895 is a .30-30? The most common caliber for that rifle was .30 US (aka .30-40 Krag). It was also made in a number of other calibers, but none of my references list it in caliber .30-30.

Value is determined by condition, type (rifle, musket, or carbine), and rarity.....so, I have to ask you a few questions.

1) What is the barrel length?

2) What is the serial #?

3) Round or octagonal barrel?

4) Plain or DeLuxe Model?

5) Solid frame or takedown model?

6) What is the correct caliber (should be listed on the barrel)?

7) What is the approximate % of original finish left?
  3. sawmill hank

sawmill hank New Member

Xracer, my mistake. It's a model 94--3030.

It's a round barrel, plain model--I think. Very little shows on the barrel.
    It's a solid frame with a very good condition stock--one scratch.
    There's about 60% of the original finish left on the barrel.

The serial # is 1434993.

THanks.
  4. Xracer

OK Hank.....your Model 94 was made sometime between 1943 and 1947.

Is it a rifle or a carbine?
  5. sawmill hank

sawmill hank New Member

Finally got the soninlaw to post the photos for me to use.

This gun has a 20" barrel.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's been a good long time since I've fired this piece, but it works. Guess I could have kept it up a bit better though. . .hard life under the bed. . . .
  6. Xracer

OK Hank. Looks like your '94 is a standard production pre-1964 carbine.

Yours appears to be pretty well used, so there's probably not much collector interest there. From what I can see, it appears to be in about the 50-70% range.....worth maybe around $250 to $300.....

Makes a nice shooter & hunter, though.
  7. Goody

Goody Member

I'm somewhat confused. The top two pictures are of a 92, the last one is a 94.
    ????
  8. sawmill hank

sawmill hank New Member

Goody, your right. . . .Guess I shouldn't try to do stuff late at night.:confused:

I thought the kid took photos of the 94's stock and trigger plate. I should have realized the 94 doesn't have that same metal on the butt and is in slightly cleaner condition around the trigger.

Thanks for pointing out my mistake. Can't seem to find the right photos any more.