winchester muzzleloader???

Discussion in 'Black Powder Shooting / Muzzleloaders / Handguns' started by whitetail, Sep 28, 2004.

1. whitetail

whitetail New Member

My wife hates guns, but i have convinced her that a muzzleloader is the only thing i need for our anniversary, so she is asking questions.....now i could easily tell her that the thumbhole laminated stock TC omega, is the only muzzleloader there is, and she has to order it :) but im not that way, i know if she saw the price it would be out of the question, so there is a small gun store near by that has the winchester (model ???) for $279 or $349 with a nikon 3-9x52 and a small starter package with it for $399 so my question is this...

Is this a worthy gun, all i hear about is CVA, KNIGHT, and THOMPSON CENTER..

I guess I could always call my dad (358 winchester) but it would turn into a 45 min saga about who's who of the muzzleloader, and (no offense dad) i would like some other opinions and inputs...

Thanks
  2. IShootBack

IShootBack Well-Known Member

Winchester makes a Apex 209 magnum in .45 or .50 caliber.

I have a hunting buddy that has one and loves it. He is skilled enough to easily shoot whitetails at 150 yards.

I like his and may trade in my CVA optima for one.

ISB