1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

winchester muzzleloader???

Discussion in 'Black Powder Shooting / Muzzleloaders / Handguns' started by whitetail, Sep 28, 2004.

1. whitetail

whitetail New Member

My wife hates guns, but i have convinced her that a muzzleloader is the only thing i need for our anniversary, so she is asking questions.....now i could easily tell her that the thumbhole laminated stock TC omega, is the only muzzleloader there is, and she has to order it :) but im not that way, i know if she saw the price it would be out of the question, so there is a small gun store near by that has the winchester (model ???) for $279 or $349 with a nikon 3-9x52 and a small starter package with it for $399 so my question is this...

Is this a worthy gun, all i hear about is CVA, KNIGHT, and THOMPSON CENTER..

I guess I could always call my dad (358 winchester) but it would turn into a 45 min saga about who's who of the muzzleloader, and (no offense dad) i would like some other opinions and inputs...

Thanks
  2. IShootBack

IShootBack Well-Known Member

Winchester makes a Apex 209 magnum in .45 or .50 caliber.

I have a hunting buddy that has one and loves it. He is skilled enough to easily shoot whitetails at 150 yards.

I like his and may trade in my CVA optima for one.

ISB