1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

WINCHESTER PRICE CHECK

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by let's trade, May 12, 2006.

1. let's trade

let's trade New Member

Hello. not sure if this is the right place or not - hope it is! I am curious about the current value of a rifle in cash or trade that I acquired some time back. I have a Winchester 70 featherweight (post-64) in 308 with the pre-64 action and claw extractor/controlled round feed. On mine, somebody (not me!) cut the barrel to 18". That is the bad news. the good news is that the lugs were lapped, the action smoothed,
    the barrel free-floated, and the trigger dropped to a shade under 3 lbs. overall condition is 98%. There are a few very small marks where someone clamped the gun in a vise. They could be steamed out, but I do not have quite the skill, so I left it alone. Gun will easily shoot under 1 MOA. It currently sports weaver bases/rings. Everyone's opinions, please, what is this gun worth?