1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Winchester Ranger Model 120 Youth

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by J.D. Bass, Mar 15, 2011.

1. J.D. Bass

J.D. Bass New Member

I just have to know what you guys have to say about the value of this little gun. I would also love to know what year it was made. Its a Winchester Ranger Model 120 youth 20 ga. I got this gun about 10 years ago for my wife to shoot, we were doing some squirrel hunting then. Well, a couple of years ago I had it out doing some rabbit hunting and a guy tells me that they are kinda rare and winchester didn't make more than a couple thousand of them. I've sense done some searches online and I get alot of mixed information. I love to know what you guys have to say about it. Posting pictures now. SN = L1943079

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 15, 2011
  2. J.D. Bass

J.D. Bass New Member

I forgot to add, this also has the choke tubes and as u can see, ribbed barrel. Not sure if they all did.
  3. J.D. Bass

J.D. Bass New Member

Well............yesterday nobody could help. Maybe today somebody will be able to give me some info. or ideas. Thanks for looking.
  4. Jim Hauff

Jim Hauff New Member

J.D. -
    I'm far from being any kind of Winchester "expert", although there are several on this forum site, but here's all I can find in the 31st Ed. (2010) of the "BLUE BOOK...":

Model 120 RANGER - 12, 16 or 20 ga., entry level model, VR and WinChokes. Disc
    100% - $200; 98% - $180; 95% - $165; 90% - $140; 80% - $110; 70% - $100; 60% - $90

No mention of a youth model, but youth models are common to most popular shotguns, so not a surprise. Maybe this will spark some comments from folks "in-the-know".
  5. J.D. Bass

J.D. Bass New Member

Jim - thanks for that. I really need to get a blue book. And yeah, it would be nice to hear from those guys. I'd like to put to bed some of the conflicting assessments I've read and heard about this thing. IF it is worth as much as some have said, I'm gonna have to stop hunting with it. :) Guess that means I'll have to buy another 20gauge pump.
  6. Jim Hauff

Jim Hauff New Member

J.D. -
    There's never a "BAD" reason to buy another shotgun, or any gun for that matter.
    Good luck.
    The other thing to remember about the "Blue Book..." it is a guideline to national average valuations...certain pieces may trade so infrequently that the contributing editors don't have a good idea of how to value them/it. I know that happens to me with the H&R firearms - it can be years between seeing some of the rarer models and variations sold - can't see nor hear of every transaction - so values in the guides remain static for some period of time. Best source of info sometimes is to look at the actual selling price of pieces offered in on-line auctions. There's a good measure of what the national market - or at least a couple thousand potential buyers think is a reasonable price. Good luck with your shotgun, and thanks for thanking.
  7. J.D. Bass

J.D. Bass New Member

Again, good information Jim. I did cruse a few web sites to see if I could find one for sell. I found one on BrandX that still has 9 days left. It started at $174. Guess I'll watch that and see what it goes for. Thanks again for making yourself available.
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2011