Winchester Singelshot

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by 45Smashemflat, Dec 22, 2006.

1. 45Smashemflat

45Smashemflat New Member

Hi Guys,

Looking for a bit of info. Found Dad's first gun and was trying to figure out how old it is. It is a Winchester Model 67 singleshot 22. It appears to have a factory peep sight. Np serial number. It is marked 22 Short, Long, or Long Rifle. The peep sight has a Pat number, but I can't make it out. The Butt Plate is hard rubber/plastic and is mark Winchester Repeating Arms Company.

Not really interested in a price, as it is not for sale. But he recalls buying it for $9.00 back in about 1949 or 1950. We were just trying to figure out how old it might be as he bough it used at the time. (0.40 for a box of shorts to go with it...)
  2. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

Does it have a finger groove forearm ???????

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 22, 2006
  3. wonderwhippet

wonderwhippet Active Member

The Winchester model 67 was manufactured from 1934 to 1963. Since they were not serial numbered, it is not possible to pin down the year of manufacture. There wer nearly 400,000 of these made, so values are not very high, and very nice examples can be bought for well under $200.
  4. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

I got mine for Christmas in 1947. I rally loved that old gun. Sure would like to find the SOB who stole it. :mad:

Pops
  5. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

Sounds like you got a nice ole' gun
  6. 45Smashemflat

45Smashemflat New Member

Thanks for the info folks. To answer the other question - no, no finger groove. Sounds like it was ~3 years old or so when he bought it based on a 1940 purchase date.

Thanks again.
  7. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

My Dad gave me mine as the FIRST in my coming collection when I was five, back in 1940. It had the 27" barrel and was a FINE shooter. After I met Dad's challenge and he bought me a Marlin Model 39A as a reward, I still used that great 67 for years. Got many-a crow with it up to age fifteen, when we moved away from the country.

As with Pops, I'd love to know who the SOB was that stole it, along with my whole collection in a break-in back in the early 90s!

I replaced it a couple years ago for under $125 with one in almost as good condition. It, like the first, is a great shooter and very accurate. My original one had never shot anything other than LR ammo and was in excellent condition when it was taken.