Winchester target range ?

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by jerry1911, Feb 3, 2004.

1. jerry1911

jerry1911 New Member

I have a question.I heard from the guy who ownes the range where i go shoot that the Winchester Target Range bullets that walmart sells is factory reloaded ammo that is subcontracted out to another company.They use the winchester case and they sell it under thier name but it is not new ammo but reloaded ammo that is why they can sell it for 10 to 14 $ per hundred round box .ANy truth to this sounds crazy to me ??? I was just wondering what anyone else thought on this ???
  2. bompa

bompa New Member

Would this guy like to sell you some ammo at a higher price ???
  3. jerry1911

jerry1911 New Member

No he knows that i bring my own reloaded ammo or buy elsewhere .I never buy ammo from him .HIs ammo is usually 14 $ to 20 depending on the caliber .
  4. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

You mean the .9mm, product code USA9mmVP I believe.

All I can say is I've shot alot of it here lately, but that is the first I've heard of that...Seems to me if they were reloads, they would have to be labled as such.

~Crp
  5. Tony Mig

Tony Mig New Member

Possibly not, if it's loaded, or reloaded to factory spec's, they may not have to indicate the fact that the cases are pre-fired. That's the thing with reloaded ammo...everything is brand new with the single exception of the brass, and brass can be reloaded many times over before it's no longer useable.
  6. bompa

bompa New Member

I find it hard to believe that one of the big ammo manufacturers would put a remanufactured product on the market without stating it as such..
    Chances are that the person making claims like that has something in mind other than giving out information..Bad information at that.. What he wants is for you to buy what ever it is that he sells..He isn't making any money with you buying elsewhere..
    This may not be his reasoning but what else can you think of..
    I could be wrong but maybe not also..
  7. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

If it is reloaded, then it has to say it or "remanufactured" ammunition somewhere on the box or inside the box flap.
  8. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

I thought this unbelieveable, so I shot Winchester an E-mail asking about this possibility....The response as follows, quick and to the point.

.................................................................................................

Donny,

Thank you very much for taking the time to contact us here at Winchester Ammunition. We are always glad to hear from our many friends and customers who share in the shooting sport.

They are not reloads.

Thank you again for contacting us here at Winchester Ammunition. If you should require additional information, do not hesitate to contact us.

Sincerely,
    Winchester Technical Department
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2004
  9. ACC

ACC New Member

The ammo is loaded under contract to IMI and sold to winchester
  10. gpostal

gpostal Former Guest

and it is junk ,ok to shoot if a hearing a loud noise is your goal, all I ever got was 3% miss fires ,and ammo that keyholes at 25 yards ,I my 3” group off hand is impossible to obtain ,best group I could get maybe 6inches with that stuff ,with at least 2 keyholes out of ten rounds