Winchesters going to be more collectible

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 22WRF, Jan 27, 2006.

1. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

With Win closing the doors are they going to be more collectible???
    The pre 64's already collectible what about the post 64's is there going to be a run on them?

I only have 3 Wins and not planning to stock up on anymore. (Unless it's a deal I can't pass up).

But I don't think in my life time the post 64's will ever bring big big bucks. There is just too many out there.
  2. BlkHawk73

BlkHawk73 New Member

I'm in agreement with you on this. We'll see the Winchester name continue regardless of who buys it or where these are made. Heck, TR's "Big mediciane " is a Japan made model now. That isn't a big deal to me. Don't care where they're made so long as the quality is there. Unfortunetly, for USRAC, who makes the 94, 1300, and 70 under the Winchester name, they haven't shown any real innovation in years.
    I'm sure my great-grandkids (my son is 4) will see a somewhat colectability in the recent 94's and 70's but I'll never see it in my lifetime.
  3. lead

lead Active Member

There's a guy on another forum's classified section that is already trying to sell some 94's for about $675. So far all he's gotten is grief.
    Pre 64's are collectible because they were well made, then they changed things in 65. The last batch of Winchesters I've seen have been spotty in their fit and finish. But I'm sure we'll see some guys at gun shows with high prices and a sales pitch of "They don't make these anymore!"
  4. mtnboomer

mtnboomer New Member

Oklahoma by birth. America by the grace of God.
    Olin, Corp. still owns the Winchester brand name so I'm sure they will make sure SOMEONE build the guns they make ammunition for! :D