Windows XP'ing on me...

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by ysacres, Mar 6, 2003.

1. ysacres

ysacres Well-Known Member

boomatic
    (9/10/02 10:28:23 am)
    Reply Windows XP'ing on me....
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    *&^*#*@ XP is pi$$in' me off!!!!!
    *&$^ # *$*% ought to be*%@*745 outlawed (%*% Bill Gates should have the entire $^$*386 ($ $*($ &$ shoved up $7 $^#^ @@&#^ sideways!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whew...that and a touch o' the Glenlivet and I feel much better. @$$0le

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind."
    Thomas Jefferson

boomatic
    (9/10/02 3:45:25 pm)
    Reply Re: Windows XP'ing on me....
    And *#$@ *%$#@^% $*!$ for Office XP too.

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind."
    Thomas Jefferson

teehee1
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/11/02 12:59:30 am)
    Boom. make sure you go to the updates and download all the critical ones. It fixed my XP and now it runs fine.

280freak
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/11/02 8:02:11 am)
    Ya gotta like a guy who knows that it's "The" Glenlivet!

One shot of The Glenlivet (18 year old, for me, thank you very much!), a splash of water, a couple of ice cubes, aaaaaahhhhhhh, the cares of the world just seem to start to melt away.

boomatic
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/11/02 8:27:07 am)
    Teehee1,
    Yeah I have the SP's. My problem arose because I have a dual boot install. XP itself runs fine, really...just causes lots of garbage with helper apps. In word/outlook spellcheck can't decide which app to use, etc. I have been combing through the registry and have finally got it all ironed out.

280, the glenlivet has been a part of the finer things in my life for more than 20 years...I have had a lot of scotch in my time...more expensive, less expensive, etc...never found anything quite like it...esp. the 18 yo. (use Evian water for the light mix...a little slice of heaven.) I have my wife's relatives trained...whoever draws my name for christmas always gets me the glenlivet!

Bartender, another round 0' the glenlivet for me and my friend 280!!!!

Thomas Jefferson

1952Sniper
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/11/02 1:42:09 pm)
    This kind of complaining is exactly the reason I won't use XP. Even on new computers that I buy for the company that come standard with XP, I downgrade it to Windows 2000.

Pilots have a saying that goes something like this: Never fly the "A" model of anything.....
    Sie lesen deine Gedanken, und bohren in dein Gehirn. Feind hört mit....

gpostal
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (10/6/02 11:30:41 am)
    why they ever "fixed" something that wasn't broke ,i will never know

Yabra Kadabra Doo
    V.I.P. Member
    (11/14/02 11:03:54 am)
    Wow, i'm surprised to hear problems about XP. I have it and love it and have never had a single problem or a a single crash.

I used to use Win2000, but it sucks for compatibility with games.

If kids today are less educated than their parents were
    then why do the parents always go to the kids
    when they can't program the VCR or troubleshoot the computer?

boomatic
    V.I.P. Member
    (11/14/02 8:03:52 pm)
    Re: Windows XP'ing on me....
    Na...old thread...I was pissed for about 3 days...got it all lined out. Still not so great on large network here...sometimes refuses to see networks at all.

"A .45 for every man woman, and child if I am elected President. Two for every good looking woman!!!"

Paid for by the Xracer and Boom-atic for Federal Office Campaign

zombie1210
    (12/18/02 11:52:57 pm)
    I bought XP a week after it was released. I keep it updated. It has never crashed or caused any problems. I have had programs cause a few, but I just rolled back to before the installation of the offending program, and everything was back to normal.

I was a beta tester for Windows 95. I must have reformatted my hard drive a couple million times. A few dozen even with the final version.

XP is by FAR the best Microsoft has offered, to date.

zombie1210
    (12/18/02 11:54:06 pm)
    double tap. sorry.

Edited by: zombie1210 at: 12/18/02 11:55:31 pm