Winners I don't think so

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 22WRF, Nov 11, 2006.

1. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

Taken from a AP story on election winners & losers

"LOSERS: Gun control advocates. Democrats see gun control as a radioactive issue for them in the past, have no taste for it now and wore their gun-owning credentials for all to see."

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20061110/D8LAF0KO0.html
  2. satellite66

satellite66 New Member

I'm not buying that. Dems have no faith in the individual and think government should control everything. The reason they hate guns is because gun owenership gives the individual control and individual control is not what the dems are about. They want to control what we read, eat, buy and think. They want us to believe that only the government can provide for us and protect us. They have no need for free thinking people who don't need to be lead. They want people like the entitlement crowd that lived in New Orleans. The folks that would sit still in the face of a hurricane and do nothing for themselves even when their lives are in mortal danger. Legal gun owners are not those type of people.
  3. glocknut

glocknut New Member

You hit the nail on the head with that one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

mike
    gn
  4. Bruce FLinch

Bruce FLinch New Member

There maybe some truth to the article, But I won't buy into the " Dems seeing gun-control as a Radioactive issue."

another "Winner"... the stinkin' U.N. :mad: The Dem. leadership loves it:mad:
  5. azsigman

azsigman New Member

I'm not happy at all about the election. But, there may be a bright side. Now the far left will have to come out of the shadows and show the Country what they REALLY are about. I do not think that the average American will like what they see. Anyway...I hope not.
  6. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

Once again I'll have to second what Sat66 said. They just don't understand that the police have no respondsiblity to protect anybody except themselves and what my sig says.
  7. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

I can't say anything more than what Satellite said
  8. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

I disagree. Both Schumer and Pelosi have shown themselves to be pragmatists......picking candidates that appealed to moderates and Independents, and it worked. This was an election in which the "Muscular Moderates" prevailed.

I think Pelosi has seen what happens when you try to govern from the fringes (or the party "Base") and will attempt to steer congress toward the middle.....at least, I hope so.