Winslow rifle

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Idaho Mike, Oct 3, 2010.

1. Idaho Mike

Idaho Mike New Member

I need a price range for a Winslow Rifle. This was the "Plainsman" basic grade rifle in .270 Win. I do not have pictures of this gun. I can tell you that it was never hunted with, always cased, and only fired about 10 times. This gun was basically a "new-in-box" shape.
  2. 300 H&H

300 H&H Active Member

Winslow....that's one you don't see every day. They made two basic stock styles, one of witch you have is the "plainsman", the other is "bushmaster conventional"

They used various actions from FN to Remington and Winchester, and Sako. Also within each style there are no less than 8 grades with in each. From Commander grade to Emperor grade. Values from 2K to nearly 7K depending on the grade....

So, with out alot more info and a picture or three it's gonna be a bit tough for us to nail this one down....

Interesting rifle, hope you can help us out.

Regards, Kirk
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2010
  3. Idaho Mike

Idaho Mike New Member

Kirk:

This would have been a Commander Grade on the FN action. Unfortunately this gun was given to my Brother. I no longer have access to it for pictures. I know the gun was purchased new for right at $1,000.00 . Here is another strange thing about this gun. My Dad fitted it with a scope and base for the old Bausch and Lomb Balvar. The windage and elevation adjustments for this scope were all in the base. I can get pictures of this system since I have the same set up on a Remington 600.
  4. wonderwhippet

wonderwhippet Active Member

Up to the fifties all scopes were sighted in by adjusting the mounts. Adjustable scopes came along later.