winter is comming early

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wv hillbilly, Aug 8, 2012.

1. ozo

ozo Active Member

Holy s**t, that would be a sight.....:eek:
  2. Sig Willy

Sig Willy Member

I think I saw a sign. This mourning flocks and flocks of birds are flying south.
  3. flyingtiger85

flyingtiger85 Active Member

It was 113 degrees yesterday.I've been going out shooting once a week anyway.Winter seems a long way off.It will be nice when it cools off in the middle of September.We have those stinking black widows all over out here in the desert.If you go look around at night outside with a flashlight you'll know what I'm talking about.

WV Hillbilly,when I was a young kid in the 70's I lived across the river in Ohio and I remember the change in seasons when all the leaves turned orange and red and fell.Me and my brothers and neighbor kids would hike in the hills and woods by the Ohio river with BB-guns,pellet guns and Bow and Arrows.It's kind of funny we were in the 3rd and 4th grade and nobody ever got hurt.
  4. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

I wouldnt even VISIT a place for a weekend that had real winter weather.
  5. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Double D you would hate Chicagoland then. We get real cold here with lots of snow. The North winds sweep down around the great lakes and bring the arctic cold. Lots of snow too.

We also have to put up with the Liberal welfare city of Chicago so you would hate it anyway. But the shootings in the ghetto's slow down a lot.
  6. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Your right, I couldnt live where they wouldnt allow me to protect my family and then freeze doing it.
  7. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

I don't want winter unless it was like last winter that was beautiful
  8. Rocketman1

Rocketman1 Well-Known Member

I think it is because that it is hot and dry, and little to no rain.
    Spider webs stay due to lack of rain.
    Hickory nuts have fallen, because the trees are stressed due to no rain. Half the leaves have came off my Maple trees and cork-screw willow.
    Same goes for the corn.

Someone else metioned that they have nore humming birds in TN. Same thing, they have nothing to nurish them up north in the drought belt.

On the news they are comparing it to the dust bowl.