WINTER IS HERE

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cointoss2, Nov 2, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

Gunguy, Winter storm watch posted for tomorrow night in northern MI. Up to 6" of heavy wet snow expected, I hope it stays up in Canada.:(
  2. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

Hope it stays up there too! 'cuz if you get...means were gettin' it next...;)
  3. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

Wanna bet I dont get it?
  4. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Common now CG, Y'all further south than me! and less East than LTS!

Attached Files:

5. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

You all send some of that winter weather down here. It was too darned hot today for me. I thought I'd die in church since they thought we'd not need any A/C.
  6. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

Forecast says up to 12” tonight, for parts of the hills. Not that much here I hope. Ground is turning white right now.
  7. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

It's sure been pretty with all the colors on the trees here, but it's about time everyone breaks out the rakes :(
  8. warpig

warpig Guest

IT IS SNOWING HERE

:)
  9. LIKTOSHOOT

LIKTOSHOOT Advanced Senior Member

Yep, winter is here too......mid 80`s and the tomatoes are still makin----what do they know-anyway???

LTS
  10. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

Yeah, the skeeters are still making as well...Opening week of rifle season was a bust, probabally be spending the rest of the week right here at the house. :(

Cointoss, I'd be proud to take half that expected snowfall off your hands.
  11. Hydra Shok

Hydra Shok Member

You know, I have never been farther north than Kentucky, and I'm sure those of you that live in the northern areas love it there, but I'm sitting here with the AC runnin, in my tank top, shorts, and flip flops. I have never been in a snow storm, or had to dig my way out of the house because of snow drifts, or shovel my driveway. I have however, spent many hours sitting on the Gulf Coast's sugar white beaches, watching the clear, greenish blue water lap at the sand. I have gone out into the Gulf of Mexico and caught fish bigger than me, and my limit of red snapper. But please tell me how y'all can tolerate the cold and snow for so much of the year? I'm sure it's a beautiful place where y'all are, but man, I see the snow storms ( on tv of course, usually on The Weather Channel ) and wonder why in the world would anybody stay there? Don't get me wrong, I'm not knockin your part of the world, but it just looks like it would be miserable. Maybe it's the same way with the humidity here, you just get used to it.
  12. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

But then again, I can't remember the last time a hurrican blew through South Dakota....

I wouldn't mind seeing a little bit of snow. It's been years upon years since I saw enough snow to turn the ground white.

And by the way, it's a balmy 77 degrees here in South Texas right now. :D
  13. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

Our high today was around 80° and it was suffocating.

We need some of that nice cool weather many of you already have. I don't see any in sight for us.....
  14. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

We got our first snow of the season yesterday.......about 3" and more to come.

I guess winter is the price we pay for a glorious spring and a beautiful autumn.
  15. ysacres

ysacres Well-Known Member

Hydra shok, It sometimes does get miserable when the wind blows and snow drifts, but for the most part us northerns love the three month change of the four seasons. it breaks up the monotony of consistent temps and when the snow falls lightly tis the most purdy thang.
    I'm gonna send ya a snowball UPS, when you open the package I suggest you through it at the wife or kids before it melts.

:D
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2003