Winter Weather Forecast from accu weather

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by aero, Sep 3, 2012.

1. aero

aero Member

2. hstout1143

hstout1143 Well-Known Member

I wish that "WET" on the west coast was a little further south.
  3. boatme99

boatme99 New Member

Well heck, I'm right on the west edge of that Eastern above average snowfall pod.
    In fact, I'm right on the freakin' line! Now what do I prep for?
    Do I get new snowshoes? Wool under shirts? Battery operated huevo warmers?
    Or do I go with Hawiian shirts, flip flops, and a new Speedo ball bag?
    I need to know these things. More info!
  4. hstout1143

Wool speedos and snowshoe flip flops.
  5. Woodnut

Woodnut Forum Sponsor Supporting Member

Yeah! right, they are just like we are, just wait and see what it does, cause they can't predict the weather for the next 2 days, much less for next winter.

This shows you how much faith I have in weather people.
    It's the only job I know of that people are paid to be wrong every single day.
  6. 68c15

68c15 Well-Known Member

good for pheasants and deer again but not so good for geese. good for me and my old pathetic snow blowers
  7. stumpjumper

stumpjumper Member

ah, i go with the h.a.t. forecasting. if my hat blows off, it's windy. if it gets wet, it's raining. etc,etc.
    hell the weather channels forecast by me hasn't changed in ten years. everyday 89/72 chance of t-storms. eight months out of the year
  8. hstout1143

I too have very little faith in the weather people. Here in the L.A. area, several years ago, I watched the weather on all three main news channels, ABC,NBC and CBS. One said it will rain the next day, another said it may rain and the last said no way was it going to rain. It's much more accurate to just get yourself a weather rock.
  9. goofy

goofy Well-Known Member

Accu weather can't tell me what the weather is doing right now!!
    It just said we are getting rain but the sun is coming up and no rain!
    So I don't believe they can tell me what it is going to be like this winter.
    Mike
  10. wv hillbilly

wv hillbilly Active Member

hagerstown almanack prediction for the mid atlantic region

SEPTEMBER 2012: temperature 62.5° (avg. north, 3° below south); precipitation 2" (1.5" below avg.); Sep 1-8: T-storms, then sunny, cool; Sep 9-14: Scattered t-storms, warm; Sep 15-19: Showers, cool; Sep 20-25: T-storms, then sunny, cool; Sep 26-30: Sunny, warm, then showers.

OCTOBER 2012: temperature 50° (3° below avg.); precipitation 3" (avg.); Oct 1-6: Showers, then sunny, cool; Oct 7-11: Scattered showers, warm; Oct 12-17: Sunny, pleasant; Oct 18-23: Showers, then sunny, cold; Oct 24-27: Showers, mild; Oct 28-31: Sunny, cold.

Annual Weather Summary: November 2012 to October 2013

Winter will be colder and drier than normal. The coldest periods will be from late December through early January and in early and mid-February. Snowfall will be below normal in the north and above normal in the south, with the snowiest periods in mid- to late December and early January.

April and May will be slightly warmer and drier than normal, with a hot Memorial Day weekend.

Summer will be drier and a bit warmer than normal, with the hottest periods in mid- to late June, early to mid-July, late July, and mid-August.

September and October will be warmer and drier than normal in most of the region.
  11. boatme99

boatme99 New Member

The coldest periods will be from late December through early January and in early and mid-February

Well that's pretty much winter right there, isn't it?
    Brilliant forcasting!
  12. Caneman

Caneman Active Member

are they forecasting an El Nino year?
  13. rogertc1

rogertc1 New Member

Darn Global Warming. Gore was right!!! 12-21 is the end of the world.
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2012
  14. boatme99

boatme99 New Member

That's funny right there.

Itchy.

But funny. :D
  15. flintlock

flintlock Active Member

I'll take normal snowfall, thanks. But I won't count on the forecast.
  16. wv hillbilly

wv hillbilly Active Member

The amounts of snow and the temperature depend on the size of a developing El Niño, characterized by unusually warm temperatures in the Pacific Ocean along the equator just off the coast of South America, affecting weather around the world, according to the almanac’s weather predictor, William O’Toole.

“I’d probably hedge my bets and say if the El Niño is weak to moderate, there could be snow in the range of 50 or more inches,” O’Toole said. “If it dries out, then there will be less snow and the winter will be drier, but if it is strong, then the winter will be wet and warm.”

O’Toole added that there is a 50-50 chance of the El Niño being weak to moderate, and that it is possible for this winter to be similar to that of 2009-10, during which more than 80 inches of snow fell on some parts of the region.
  17. Zhurh

Zhurh Active Member

We had a little snow on summit other day, but it didn't last. Moose haven't gathered up their cows yet, had a few frosts, windy, leaves coming off the trees; winter pretty quick here in Ak. It still gets up in lower 60s on sunny days though. Only thing I believe is it will be minus 65 off and on come January and I'll start seeing that big old sun come creaping along the mnt tops come february.