1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Wisconsin Elections

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by hogger129, Nov 3, 2010.

1. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

Walker won. So did Van Hollen. Both are pro-concealed carry people. I was real happy to see them win. Maybe now our rights will finally be allowed here in Wisconsin.

For any of you other Wisconsin members, how long do you think it will be before they introduce the CCW legislation again? I know they tried to pass it once before and almost overrode Doyle's veto. But is there a time limit to how long they have to wait before introducing it again? I would imagine they will wait until after Doyle is out of office. So springtime maybe?
  2. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

Thanks for getting that extreme anti gun douche Feingold out of there.

Good job WI!!
  3. beebz

beebz Member

I had it out with one of feingolds supporters when he came to my door campaining.He said, you know Mr.Feingold works for you. I told him good ,tell Mr. Feingold he's fired,now get the hell off my porch.
  4. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Perhaps he really will wind up working for you? WELCOME TO WALMART...comes to mind? :D:D:D:D

mike
    gn
  5. Gun Geezer

Gun Geezer Well-Known Member

My brother-in-law lives in Wis. He claims, now that Doyle and Feingold are gone, CC is a shoe-in.
  6. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

Doyle and Feingold aren't out of there until 1/1/2011. But they still have to re-introduce the legislation and it has to pass through Assembly, blah, blah, blah and all that and the Governor has to sign off on it.

I am willing to bet if they pass "May Issue" here, he will veto it. I honestly think Walker wants "Shall Issue" or "Constitutional Carry" if there is going to be concealed carry legalized here. I'd like to see Castle Doctrine laws introduced also. Right now, even if someone enters your home, and is vandalizing your property and stuff, you can't lay a finger on them unless your life is in danger. (Probably better to just finish them than wound them). Cause if you shoot them and your life isn't in danger, YOU go to jail too.

I was also not surprised to see that Illinois elected another Democrat.
  7. Old Grump

Old Grump New Member

Little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Don't forget the Republicans have been in charge before and did nothing even with Florida showing them the way. Thompson was the Republican governor at the time and was motorcycle friendly but no friend of gun owners. Now that the election is over the gun issue is on their back burner while they pay off their political debts and focus on the economy.

I think it will get done but it is still a long hard fight and we still have the screaming ninny nannies from Madison and Milwaukee who will be whipping up a frenzy of blood on the streets and school shootings all over the air and in print. There is no such thing as a slam dunk.

Apathy is a terrible thing but politicians have it in spades. they are conservative in everything but their willingness to spend your money. The only thing that has changed is the name Republican instead of Democrats on committee heads. Passing good laws and rescinding bad laws is still going to be a long slow painful process. I absolutely guarantee now that they are in office there is only a small handful that really care about gun issues in general and carry issues in particular.

How can you tell a politician is lying, his lips are moving. Believing all the rhetoric they spouted on the campaign trail gets you fitted out for a Dunce Cap. Only continuous reminders by us shooters who voted by mail, phone and E-mail will get them started on the process. Till January the Democrats are still in office and they will not go quietly into the night. Look for Draconian measures to suddenly pop up and get serious consideration in the next 2 months. Once done it is hard to get them undone.
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2010
  8. tireman7.62x54r

tireman7.62x54r New Member

Wisconsin or the Feds may follow the Illinois model and appoint Feingold to a cushy job in Washington D.C.

That's what we do with our worthless windbags here in Illinois. We just can't seem to get rid of them.
  9. Hardballer

Hardballer New Member

The hope is that Constitutional carry can be instituted in Wisconsin. This is what Wisconsin Carry Inc. ( http://www.wisconsincarry.org/default.html# ) is working towards and is on the Republican agenda...

We'll see but I hope so. What we do not need is a CC bureaucratic nightmare and can't afford one either. Constitutional Carry is free, and requires no oversight.

None needed... Bad guys carry anyway and are not required to be licensed because of the 5th Amendment to the Constitution so there is no need for law abiding citizens to be licensed either.

Further, licensing implies a permissible activity, granted to you by the powers that be. The Constitution clearly defines carry of a firearm as a God given right. The implication is that you have all the permission you need.

hardballer out!
  10. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

And if we can openly carry with no oversight, what's the difference if we conceal it?

I agree. A criminal is not going to care what the law says.

I find it silly one can have their gun holstered in plain view. Yet as soon as it's covered, you're guilty of a misdemeanor? That doesn't make sense.

Constitutional Carry is the way to go.