Wisdom, Past and Present--a little "humor" for the day

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 4EvrLearning, Mar 5, 2009.

1. 4EvrLearning

4EvrLearning New Member

If these have been posted before, I apologize for the duplication. What struck me is how things haven't changed much over time!

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul. -- George Bernard Shaw

A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money. -- G. Gordon Liddy

Foreign aid might be defined as a transfer of money from poor people in
    rich countries to rich people in poor countries. -- Douglas Casey, Classmate of Bill Clinton at Georgetown University

Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else. -- Frederic Bastiat, French Economist (1801-1850)

I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. -- Will Rogers

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

In general, the art of government consists of taking as much money as possible from one party of the citizens to give to the other.
    -- Voltaire (1764)

Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you! -- Pericles (430 B.C.)

No man's life, liberty, or property is safe while the legislature is in session. -- Mark Twain (1866)

The government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no responsibility at the other. -- Ronald Reagan

The only difference between a tax man and a taxidermist is that the taxidermist leaves the skin. -- Mark Twain

There is no distinctly native American criminal class...save Congress. -- Mark Twain

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -- Thomas Jefferson

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. -- Aesop
  2. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

Very good. A lot of memorable quotes that are as true today as when they were spoken or written.
  3. 1shot1k

1shot1k Former Guest

" He who sitteth on the Hot Fire...shall rise again ! ".................1shot

:p :p pray for me...for I am a sick man...:p:p:p