1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

wolf ammo

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by rik, Aug 6, 2003.

1. rik

rik New Member

hey guys
    I was wondering what your thoughts were on wolf ammo. After all the questions I asked a month or two ago I finally found the right gun for the right price, I think. I don't actually have it yet, but it's should be on it's way anytime now.
    My question is weather or not you would recomend shooting wolf ammo through it. It's the cheepest stuf I've found for plincking, but I wondered if the shelack or whatever it's sealled with would be bad for my new gun?

as always your thoughs would be greatly
    appreciated

rik
  2. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

First of all, what gun did you get?

Wolf has its pros and cons. It's incredibly cheap and makes for good plinking. Accuracy can be good, depending on the particular rifle (it will vary from rifle to rifle), but will never be fantastic.

The downside of Wolf ammo is that is tends to be pretty dirty. Lots of powder residue. And the steel-cased ammo with the green lacquer on it can eventually gum up your chamber. The folks at Wolf swear that it's not a problem. I dunno about their new production stuff. I haven't had a problem lately. But with the older Wolf ammo, lacquer buildup was a big problem. Also, the red sealer crap they put around the primer and the case neck will get everywhere. You'll find it in your magazine, on your bolt face, all inside the receiver, etc.

I have a few more comments about Wolf ammo, but I should probably know what caliber you're talking about, and in what gun.
  3. rik

rik New Member

Sniper
    I bought a
    Savage Model 12 .223 Remington. Features: New AccuTriggerâ„¢ stainless barreled action, heavy, fluted, free-floating and button-rifled barrel, with internal box magazine and swivel studs.
    If you'd like to see it you can go to
    http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=10576027
    I will just be doing plinking right now, and I don't know if I will ever do anything more, but if I use the wolf ammo, will it do any damage to the gun, or just make a mess?

Thanks for such a quick response. I look forward to hearing form you again

rik
  4. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

Nice looking rifle rik...I have shot a few thousand rounds of Wolf .223 through my AR-15's...Swab 'em down once in awhile and I think you'll be ok...;)

Here's a Pic of the Rifle...

Attached Files: