Wolf Ammunition

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by CountryGunsmith, Feb 24, 2003.

1. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

bondai
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (12/28/01 3:55:50 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Wolf Ammo Extraction problems ???
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A couple of weeks ago a friend of mine told me he was having problems with his Glock 23, it wouldn't extract properly. It was only happening with Wolf Ammo.

I shoot lots of Wolf but only in .223 and 7.62 and have had very few problems. I do have 500 rnds of Wolf in .45ACP so I took some to the range and sure enough, my Springfield won't extract the spent rounds with any reliability. Two rounds is the most I could get before things came to a halt. I don't use Wolf as a defense round but it is aggravating.

Has anyone else encountered this problem and if so have you been able to solve it.

gun runner john
    (12/28/01 5:45:33 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Wolf Ammo Extraction problems ???
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have no problems, I don't shoot Wolf ammo.

LIKTOSHOOT
    (12/28/01 6:19:33 pm)
    Bondai, don`t feel alone. I have a friend that has a Ruger .45auto....shucks Wolf Brand (chili) like there`s no tomorrow, my Springfield won`t get past one or two either. I believe it has to do more with the style of extractor than the ammo, though; Because I have seen other auto`s shuck it too....just not 1911 style pistols.

M Opaliski
    (12/30/01 12:40:34 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Wolf Ammo Extraction problems ???
    Wolf Ammo is dirty and nasty, cheaper isn't always better. No failures to extract on my end though ... two boxes used, that's enough.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Support your RKBA ... Matthew
    NRA Life Member
    Talk Radio Junkie
    opaliski@hotmail.com
    TheFirearmsEnthusiast

Tac401
    Administrator
    (12/30/01 11:37:54 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Wolf Ammo Extraction problems ???
    Wolf is nothing more than the same o'l Russian military
    crap steel case ammo re-packaged commercially, as
    Matt said, it shoots dirty and it dirty's up the gun,
    nasty!

Stick with Winchester USA and Rem UMC and so forth!
    The Firearms Forum Vietnam Memories Bulletin Board Contact Administrator

M4A3
    (1/21/02 7:22:09 pm)
    Dirty,Dirty Dirty... Try this: www.Ntachezss.com Buy some CCI Blazer - inexpensive, non-reloadable, but clean, accurate and reliable.

jeeper1
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/21/02 10:40:01 pm)
    From what I have seen on many other forums Wolf ammo is only good in eastern bloc weapons.
    Who is General Anxiety and does he worry me?

teehee1
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/24/02 7:13:31 pm)
    A friend bought a case of 223, failure to feed, fire and extract, other than that it was ducky. :-(

TallTLynn
    (1/25/02 9:09:24 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Re: Wolf Ammo Extraction problems ???
    My friend shoots Wolf .223 out of his Mini-14 and I've shot plenty of Wolf out of my AK & SKS. So far when it comes to ammo (outside of the fact that Wolf is non reloadable) I haven't seen a huge difference in cleaning the guns or in extraction problems.

But I have heard of a lot of 45acp problems with Wolf from everyone - don't own a 45 so I can't comment one way or the other on that.
    TLynn

gpostal
    (1/27/02 8:32:41 pm)
    WOLF AMMO WILL ONLY EXTRACT OUT OF WIDE BREECH GUNS

not out of ar/15's ,it is steel cased has no flex like brass

sorry m4a3 I will not buy a gun that has had cci shot through it ,aluminum cased ,and they cut cost buy a cheap tin-lead mixture that will do nothing but gum up your barrel and gas ports ,with the exception of there .22 rimfire

bondai
    (1/28/02 8:50:19 pm)
    postal,

I've shot 2-3000 rounds of wolf through my AR, no problems.
    My Springfield V10 Sub compact doesn't like it though.
  2. llama.45

llama.45 New Member

i have a llama ix-c 45 and i can empty a whole clip full of wolf rounds just as fast as i can pull the trigger,i have shot about 400 rounds of it through mine and havent had a single hang up.
  3. Kimber Man

Kimber Man New Member

I use Wolf a lot and in most of my Guns...........I had problems with the Old wolf Ammo........But with the New Wolf Poly Ammo I don't have any problems
  4. djohns6

djohns6 New Member

No problems with the WOLF poly coated ammo here .
  5. allmons

allmons New Member

I shoot Wolf ammunition almost on a daily basis in my Glock 21 (.45 ACP). I have fired at least 5,000 rounds through this gun with out any problems.
    But, in fairness, this gun has fired many thousands of various rounds with never a jam or misfire!

If my old Colt .45 government model had only done HALF as well....
  6. duece

duece New Member

A gunsmith I know told me that there is a kind of varnish coating on the wolf ammo and after awhile builds up in the barrel causing feeding problems. Too bad because I still have about 500 rounds left that I was running through my sporter and mini 14 :mad: . I did have some feeding probems with both after about 100 rounds. He told me that he uses acetone to get that crap out then a good all around cleaning and light lube. Duece