1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Wolf Gun Springs / GP-100

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Tony Mig, Mar 12, 2004.

1. Tony Mig

Tony Mig New Member

I just replaced the springs in my GP-100 with Wolf reduced power springs.
    Replaced the trigger spring with Wolf's 8 pounder, and the hammer spring with Wolf's 10 pounder. The difference is night & day, S&W hasn't got a thing on this Ruger now. SA pull is so smooth and easy, and even the DA pull is incredible.

Tomorrow I go to the range and really try it out.....
  2. Smoky14

Smoky14 Member

I hope you have good luck with your spring change. I think I wound up with the 12# hammer spring and polished the working parts. The single action is almost too good and the double ain't bad.

Try rapid fire to make sure the trigger return spring is sufficient, mine was just a little light.

Keep shootin and report back to us. If you can't play with your guns they aren't as much fun:D

Smoky the player
  3. Tony Mig

Tony Mig New Member

My initial concerns with the lighter springs was with the fact that I reload with CCI primers, and they tend to need a good hard strike to light off. I did have one not fire on the first strike, but I backed up the cylinder and dropped the hammer on it again with no problem. One out of 300 rounds wasn't bad, and I'm going to stick with this combination for now.
    These springs will deffinitely help when I use this gun in the up coming Bullseye compition.