The Firearms Forum banner

Wolf Primers jamming Dillon primer pickup tube

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  zant 
#1 ·
I'm new to the "Blue" system, kids gave me a new 550B for Father's Day, and things are going smoothly, almost. I load mostly .45 ACP, but .38/.357 along with .380 and 9mm fall in there somewhere. I have no problems with the large primer loads, but I have been less than thrilled by the constant jams in my primer system caused by Wolf primers. I haven't checked to see if they are slightly larger than CCI or Remington, but every time I tried to load a sleeve of small pistol Wolf primers, I get a major jam in the pickup tube..Yes, I know Dillon will ship me a replacement pickup tube, even have a new one from my local purveyor, just a bit of a "heads-up" about possible jams using Wolf SPP.. My solution? Don't use Wolf! I can use them in any of the three hand priming systems I have, but from now on, No Way in the Dillon system.

#5 ·
I have to "ditto" the others. I have been using Wolf and Tulammo (samo-samo) for at least two years and have never had a problem that I can remember. Now, I have had a few get kind of sideways in the little plastic thing on the end of the pickup tube. But that happened with CCI and Winchester primers, too.

#6 ·
Small primer pickup, small primer insert. Not sure why the things hang up, but not using Wolf on the Dillon...OK for my hand priming, and I probably won't buy Wolf again. I have a couple thousand Remington and CCI's, only about 800 Wolf spp.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.