Women's Health Care Recommendation Changes in Expectation of National Health Care...

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by ponycar17, Nov 20, 2009.

  1. ponycar17

    ponycar17 Active Member

    Joined:
    Feb 17, 2005
    Messages:
    5,053
    Location:
    South Carolina
    It seems that over the past 2 weeks the feds have changed recommendations for several women's yearly procedures to ensure a cancer-free lifestyle. Last week a Federal health advisory board reversed a long-held recommendation that women 40 and over have yearly mammography exams to catch the early stages of breast cancer. Instead, they suggested that 50 was the more appropriate age for yearly mammography procedures. Well, that didn't go over very well with folks and later in the week the suggestion was effectively disowned by whom other than Kathleen Sebelius, Obama's abortion-loving Health and Human Services Secretary. :rolleyes:

    See http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/11/18/mammogram.guidelines/index.html

    I said at the time to my wife that I believed this to be a back door reduction in costs if and when a Public Option Health Care plan is passed. After all, many have said and rightfully so, that Nationalized Health Care will result in reduced availability of procedures, contrary to the urgings of Democrats of the liberal persuasion who insist otherwise, and contrary to economic common sense. Care availability will be reduced for most... There's no doubt. This was a test to see how people received this recommendation.

    Well, also this week another group recommended that yearly pap smear procedures for early detection of cancer be halted in lieu of a two-year rule instead for women in a younger age group.

    See here...

    Really folks, this stuff is soooooo obvious. The feds (aka: damn socialists) are pushing for reduced care recommendations as an outlet for cost reduction if and when a Public Option Health Care bill is passed. Don't expect the reduced care recommendations to end here either. The bill hasn't even passed yet, and here are two prime examples of a reduction in care. :mad:

    The next time you have a conversation with a Pro-Obama ignoramous, ask that person if they're willing to offer up their mother or wife's life in the name of socialism? :mad:

    Has anyone else formulated this opinion yet? :confused:
  2. bcj1755

    bcj1755 New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 20, 2008
    Messages:
    4,357
    Location:
    A wretched hive of scum and villiany
    Re: Women's Health Care Recommendation Changes in Expectation of National Health Care

    I've already come to the same conclusions you have. Also, the advisory board that made the mamogram recomendation will be the ONLY advisory board allowed to set policy under AdolfCare. Convienent, huh? Nah, it must be a coincidence. Oh wait, I don't believe in coincidence.:rolleyes:

    My mom, who is basically non-political, hit the roof when they announced this. Of course, my mom has figured out that she'd get the needle under AdolfCare anyhow because she has health problems that include diabetes.

    but now I'm a potential right-wing extremist terrorist because I oppose this AdolfCare monstrosity that will euthanize my mother and would have euthanized my grandparents even though my grandfather was a disabled WW2 vet?!:mad::mad:
  3. ponycar17

    ponycar17 Active Member

    Joined:
    Feb 17, 2005
    Messages:
    5,053
    Location:
    South Carolina
    Re: Women's Health Care Recommendation Changes in Expectation of National Health Care

    bcj, this doesn't sit well with my wife either. She has two coworkers who are currently battling breast cancer. She's pissed, as she should be! :mad:
  4. topper

    topper New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 2, 2006
    Messages:
    748
    Location:
    deep in the woods
    Re: Women's Health Care Recommendation Changes in Expectation of National Health Care

    I think that the longer a person waits to get tested for potential cancer and other problems is the more chance that they will develop thoses problems. The key to cure is EARLY detection.
  5. ponycar17

    ponycar17 Active Member

    Joined:
    Feb 17, 2005
    Messages:
    5,053
    Location:
    South Carolina
    Re: Women's Health Care Recommendation Changes in Expectation of National Health Care

    While I agree, I don't believe that 'the cure' is the issue at hand here. Clearly, the end goal is cost control of a government program that has virtually guaranteed rationing of care. The program will be nothing more than a vote-buying scheme to the many Americans who are too ignorant to understand why this program is so bad for their personal liberties. Treatment is the last goal of this potential program.

    :(
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2009
  6. topper

    topper New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 2, 2006
    Messages:
    748
    Location:
    deep in the woods
    Re: Women's Health Care Recommendation Changes in Expectation of National Health Care

    Then perhaps after waiting until too late the Obamacare will refuse treatment for 'older' persons on the basis that they are not as productive as younger ones. Another way of eliminating the population.
  7. ckill1

    ckill1 New Member

    Joined:
    Dec 29, 2007
    Messages:
    299
    Location:
    SW Iowa
    Re: Women's Health Care Recommendation Changes in Expectation of National Health Care

    I have worked in healthcare now for 17 years in direct patient care, all in an adult ICU. As an RN in a teaching hospital I keep up with current research & findings, of course. I am fully in support of yearly health screenings as the son of a cancer survivor, BUT, as a member of the healthcare profession the SCIENCE doesn't support most preventative care. It will take several posts to explain fully, but take mamograms, for instance...there are MANY false positives, costing pain, money, time, and side effects in wasted treatment. And the incidence of discovery is outweighed by all those effects, EXCEPT to the people in whom a cancer is discovered. In the research literature only 4 types of preventative healthcare are effective. Smoking cessation, excercise/weightloss, childhood vaccinations, and well-pregnancy/baby screening. Thats it. Prostate exams are fine, because it doesnt cost anything to have a finger inserted in, well, im sure you guys have been tested! Now, I DO feel we need these exams, mainly because I think healthcare is an INDIVIDUAL responsibility, & I want everything available to me to ensure me & mine are healthy, but I also have to say as a member of a profession, many of these tests arent warrented as they are currently administered. Conflicted? You bet I am...

    Chris
  8. mvaldes

    mvaldes New Member

    Joined:
    Nov 16, 2009
    Messages:
    6
    Re: Women's Health Care Recommendation Changes in Expectation of National Health Care

    Sorry Chris, but after 34 years as a practicing physician, I disagree. Statistics are great until you try to apply them to an individual. Let's say there's a 98% chance of not getting a particular disease. But, if you happen to be one of the 2% who do get it, it's 100% for you, not to mention that it may kill you. It's true that false positives cause anxiety and "unnecessary" (at least in retrospect) procedures. However, I can't even count the number of people I've seen and treated who are still alive because of diseases detected with these screening protocols. I believe the new recommendations are cost control related and do not plan to follow them with my family or with my patients.
  9. Bobitis

    Bobitis Guest

    Re: Women's Health Care Recommendation Changes in Expectation of National Health Care

    My 1st girlfried has had both breasts removed due to cancer in her milk ducts. She'll be 50 next year.

    If you want a battle, bring this topic up with her.:mad:
  10. ckill1

    ckill1 New Member

    Joined:
    Dec 29, 2007
    Messages:
    299
    Location:
    SW Iowa
    Re: Women's Health Care Recommendation Changes in Expectation of National Health Care

    Again, guys, my post stated I do believe in health screening, regardless of what the statistics say. Just playing devils advocate, here! I even said, Dr., that I belive healthcare should be an individuals responsibility, so I agree with your statement that, as it applies to an individual, statistics of occurence are meaningless, but the fact remains that these statistics are the reasons for the changes. The Dems are wanting to push healthcare reform as a SOCIETAL issue, & it shouldn't be. We are all on the same side here. Please reread my post if misunderstood.

    Chris
Similar Threads
Forum Title Date
The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr HOLDER ORDERS WOMEN'S RESTROOMS OPEN TO MALES May 23, 2012
The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr Pay for our trips home - the Islamic Women's Welfare Association Feb 12, 2012
The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr Its our women's fault they get attacked .. May 31, 2011
The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr Health plan sticker shock ahead for some buyers Dec 22, 2013
The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr Whittle on Healthcare Nov 27, 2013