Wondering about Walther

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Thorisin, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Thorisin

Thorisin New Member

I am a huge fan of Walther firearms. I had a PPK and a P-88 and I have been planning to get a P-99 now for a while. Well I went to the gun store and I have found that there are no more Walther's out there. I have done some searching on the internet but I can find no information. Does anyone here have an idea when the P-99's will be available again? The reason I as is I live in California. If it's going to be several months then I need to get a different weapon. It's the "one gun a month" rule so I kind of have to do a little planning ahead. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
  2. wv hillbilly

wv hillbilly Active Member

Walther P99 Semi-Auto Pistol WAP78011, 40 S&W, 4.17", Polymer Grip, Blue Finish, 12 Rd
    More Details Mfg Number: WAP78011 currently Out-of-Stock

Price: $615.14

Walther P99C Compact Pistol WAP80002, 9mm, 3-1/2", Black Polymer Grip, Black Finish, 10 Rd
    More Details Mfg Number: WAP80002

Walther P99C Compact Pistol WAP90002, 40 S&W, 3-1/2", Black Polymer Grip, Black Finish, 8 Rd
    More Details Mfg Number: WAP90002 currently Out-of-Stock

ABLES AMMO
  3. wv hillbilly

wv hillbilly Active Member

there is also an auction site that has them listed
  4. Thorisin

Thorisin New Member

Being in Calif this is what I need

walther P99 Semi-Auto Pistol WAP78000, 40 S&W, 4.12", Black Polymer Grip, Blue Finish, 10 Rd
    Mfg Number: WAP78000 currently Out-of-Stock

Looking for the 40 S&W

I have two 9mm that I am hoping to get back so...
  5. Thorisin

Thorisin New Member

Where is the auction site if I may ask
  6. Helix_FR

Helix_FR New Member

IIRC many of the P99's have taken on the PPQ name. I think the shop I work out of has a couple of them. they are a good gun but not a huge seller. I can check in the morning,.
  7. Thorisin

Thorisin New Member

Thank you. I know Walther may not be a big selling gun but I am a big fan of Walther. For me they have been probably the best handgun I owned. :)

The PPQ has the trigger action of the Glock. I am looking for the AS. I know, I am picky :)
  8. LDBennett

LDBennett Active Member

Thorisin:

Walther is using S&W as a distributor. They also share parts and pieces on a couple of guns. As you know it has to be the exact model and finish listed in the CA list. Just be sure any you select is still on the list as they fall off if not renewed regularly. Guns not proven to be adequate sellers are often not renewed. It all is just a way to make gun sales tough enough that you might just walk away and not buy a gun.... a form of gun control.

There is no way around the "LIST". Every gun shipped to CA requires an approval by letter from the CA DOJ. The way to get one is talk with your favorite dealer and have him order it from a distributor. Even that is getting hard as some distributor will not sell to dealers one gun at a time and only to larger dealers. Each dealer has to be set up with the distributor and even though he may find the gun at a distributor, the distributor may refuse to setup that small dealer up so he can buy the gun for you. But ordering it, since it is not a popular gun, may be the only way to get it, if at all.

I don't find the one gun a month limit all that limiting. Handguns have risen to the $500 to $1000+ level (for any gun I might want) and that would put a serious dent in the old budget if I bought two in one month. The variety limits of the list is the killer for me.

LDBennett
  9. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

10. Thorisin

Thorisin New Member

Thanks for the site. I have been there and the only Walther P99s they have are .22. I am not a big fan of .22. All of the large caliber P99s are sold out. As a matter of fact I have submitted a interest from (f0r lack of a better word) and they are susposed to email me when they get them in. Its a long story but I kind of needed a gun as all of mine were stolen and I tend to be picky about my guns. I picked up a Beretta Storm. I will get the Walther when they become avaliable though.
  11. Thorisin

Thorisin New Member

Yeah, welcome to California. I have lived here all my life (except for a two year stint in China) and it just keeps getting worse. I was at the gun shop and apparently there is a new law coming into effect in a year or two that will basically make all gun purchases the same as a pistol. In other words, same wait time and same one gun a month restrictions.

Have to love this state.