Wondering how well This Cal. does.

Discussion in 'Competition Shooting Forum' started by Txquadhunter, Sep 7, 2003.

1. Txquadhunter

Txquadhunter Member

I'm wondering how well the 25.06's do in shoot's? if so what yardage do they do best in? Mine shoots pretty well with off the self loads. I'd like to work up some good hand loads. but with my disability i'm not able to do the reloading myself. this is a pic of it. if ya want full spec's of the rifle let me know and i'll post em.

Attached Files:

• one.jpg
      one.jpg
      File size:
      27.7 KB
      Views:
  2. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Hi TQH, I don't see why the 25-06 can't shoot right up there with the others. I have a custom 257 Roberts AI that is a tack driver. I also reload for it because ammo is not found on the shelf. Where in TX are you. Maybe if you are close, you can drop by and we can work up a load for it on my bench. Let me know. I think you can see where I live. :D :D :D

By the way, that sure is a nice lookin shootin iron!
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2003
  3. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

What kind of "shoot's" are you talking about?

I agree with inplanotx, the "caliber" should do well, if you can work up a good load for it.
  4. Txquadhunter

Txquadhunter Member

InPlano, I'm Just about 15-20 Mins east of ya. Even Closer if I could go over Lake Lavon. I got some kind of "i guess you'd call it" head space thing from my builder to set the bullet without having to measure in chamber? even if I don't get by to try loads, I always enjoy meeting People who enjoy guns, Shootin and such. show and tell. Brag or whatever ya wanna call it. Plus it give's me a chance to learn from others who's been around hunting and shooting longer then my 25 years.

I'd like to "try" my luck in maybe a few local HV Matches, I highly doubt It'll classifie in LV. Just for fun. I've never been to any of the matches, But have seen 100 and 200 yard targets. The groups they shot was amazing.

Then there's the hunters class. but I think thats out to.

But my main uses of the rifle is Long range Varmint hunting and whatever hunting comes my way.

The Specs on the Rifle are:
    Nesika bay Mod. V with Fluted bolt.
    Custom 26"BBl fluted with Muzzle brake.
    Mc Millan Ported stock, Pillar bedded.
    Jewell Trigger set at 1 1/2lb now. I've got the the Trigger pounded set spring to adjust from 1.5oz to 3lb
    Nesika Bases
    Kelby Rings
    Topped with a VXIII 4-14x50mmAO "just gotta learn this scope much better, I learned after I mounted it, It has a built in range finder that works when i Power up the scope." So far i like what I've been callin my Scopes for dummies, Because I was used to any given power your just just Mags. and levels Point of impact the same. But this one raises as i Mag. But got a feeling once I learn this scope the Coyotes in my area are gonna hate me more then they already do with my 22-250..lol
  5. Txquadhunter

Txquadhunter Member

Oh I left out the rifle was built by Speedy at SG&Y custom Rifles at www.sgyrifles.com