Woo hoo, this is TODAY!

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by armoredman, Aug 3, 2012.

1. armoredman

armoredman New Member

[​IMG]

Bunny busting this weekend with a full 9 rounds shotgun magazine, and now I can use my SA vz-58 for hunting, too!
    Suppressors are now also legal for hunting, and carrying of another weapon is legal, if you don't use it for hunting, i.e., it's rifle season, but you have a handgun for "just in case", or carrying a folded Keltec Sub2000 on your back during archery season, AOK as long it's stays for self defense!
    Yeah, it says August 2nd, law went into effect last night at midnight.;)
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2012
  2. mogunner

mogunner Well-Known Member

In the "alternative methods" part of the deer season we can hunt with a variety of weapons, this used to be just the black powder part. We can now hunt with a pistol as long as it's .40 or larger. Still limited to 10 round mag during deer season which is kinda funny as anyone who has hunted deer knows its a one shot deal. I have a 5 round mag for mine and carry a spare and some loose rounds but that's about it.
  3. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

I hunted last year (most of the season anyway) with my M1A fully loaded with a 20 rounder! I don't really see the need for a round limit but someone apparantly does in some states and thinks it's 'unsporting' to have more than 3 or 5 rounds. I grew up hunting with SS rifles so I make the first one count but with some of the big kitties and other critters around here, I greatly appreciate having 20 rounds of 7.62 on tap!

Besides, I think it's more 'sport' to kill an animal even if it takes a few shots than shoot it once and have it get away and die slowly. Elk don't usually drop dead on the first round, especially at distance.

Good to see this pass there. I wish we could load more than 3 in a shotgun still though, that's still a rule here. I throw away the plugs the same day I buy a pump shotgun...