wood grip pic's

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jack404, Oct 26, 2011.

1. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Blueing , i'm well known for traditional finishes rust browning and blueing , colour parkerising is what i do best.. i dont do wood , metal i can make sing , wood i make scream ..

Pete at horsley park gun shop has a mate who does class work too but his touch with wood is brilliant , i send my stuff to him.. checkering repairs etc , the stocks i make are from jigs i have had made... do this cut with this head, that cut with that head , monkey see monkey do ... then sand oil and polish

http://thegunsmiths.com.au/ i've had them assemble some high end units for me

not the cheapest , not the dearest either but you get what you pay for 9743-7328 they are at sefton not far from auburn
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
  2. Woodnut

Woodnut Forum Sponsor Supporting Member

Jack, I hadn't been on the forum much lately due to some other issues so I just now noticed this thread. Boy those are some beautiful grips. The wood I am not familiar with by that name, but it sure looks like Hawaiian Koa. It has almost the same holographic look as the Koa.
    Really nice workmanship, thanks for posting.
  3. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Wood nut , i just got notice there was a issue with the parcel and its coming back .. i'll clean it and resend

and recently met folks who ship aussie rare timbers to the US , 8"x2"x 1/2" ok ?

got a couple of bits if you wish , ;)

prayers for the other issue, sorry just twigged what it was , hope everything is getting better
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
  4. Woodnut

Woodnut Forum Sponsor Supporting Member

Thanks Jack, All is well, it will just take a little time.
    Yes the size is fine.
  5. herohog

herohog New Member

Some cool wood grips I have come across:

[​IMG]

Not true wood but you wouldn't know if someone didn't tell you. These are Rogers Combat Grips on my dad's (RIP) Model 10-8 S&W
    [​IMG]

Again, not wood but VERY unique and cool stagg horn grips!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  6. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

HH the grip's on the late model (end/ post war ) owen gun where Bakelite (sp?) and looked very similar in patterning...

i sorta like the top one a lot , but the curl on the end , hmmm not me .. ;)
  7. Fast Forward

Fast Forward Member

In a word WOW
  8. geds

geds New Member

Jack - of all the photos posted in this thread I like the first photo you posted the best. The grain is so unusual - it really sets it apart!
  9. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

yeah i wish i could work wood like that , i never get the gloss or the best out of the colours , i do ok , but this , way over my head .. and its HARD wood ..