The Firearms Forum banner

wood or rubber/plastic grips on your revolver

2K views 11 replies 12 participants last post by  howlnmad 
#1 ·
Which do you prefer?

#3 ·
Generally for anything that barks hard I like rubber. Wood is beautiful and classy but checker it enough to maintain a grip it seems too rough for me. Just a matter of taste (or maybe soft hands from too many years in an office). The grips that came on my S&W 686, 60 and 63 are all good for me, I don't know who makes them. I have Hogues on a Taurus 357 that are real comfortable to shoot but look cloddy. Pachmayr makes the best aftermarket grips in my opinion. I have beautiful black ebony checkered grips on a 1911 but they rub my hand raw if I shoot it a lot. Thinking about Pachmayrs for it.

#5 ·
My Ruger blackhawk 44 mag. had the standard wood grips. It hurt to shoot the mags. I bought a set of Hogue grips and it tamed it down. I was shooting a lot of 44 specials before but now with these grips I am back to the mags.

#8 ·
I'm for wood. Put a set of rubber on my S&W 586 to discover the perspiration from my hand worked it's way in to the metal causing surface rust. Got'r all cleaned up with no lasting damage but will never go back. I'm keeping the wood.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.