The Firearms Forum banner

Woodnut,,, these grips, you didn't have too. Thanks.

5K views 39 replies 15 participants last post by  berto64 
#1 ·
I just wanted to give Woodnut a big thanks for the custom 1911 grips that I won here on TFF. I am sooo surprised at how much different my Ruger 1911 looks. They sure blend in with the stainless features of my 1911, and I must say they sure fill my hand. When I grip the gun I can certainly tell I have quite a good grip. The raised TFF lettering sure stands out and I just can't imagine how much time you put into these Woodnut.

Jim

P.S. The wood that he used on these sure is a unique wood. Thanks Carl.

#4 ·
Even without seeing the grips I know they are perfection.

Nothing like a pair of hand made custom grips on a 1911.
Well one thing about my 1911 now is it seems to dig into my side when I carry it in my holster. Especially when I am in the car with the seat belt on. Is this normal with custom grips? Also, being smooth like this will they be harder to hold onto? I don't want to loose my grip with these custom grips, that is for sure.

#5 ·
Even without seeing the grips I know they are perfection.

Nothing like a pair of hand made custom grips on a 1911.
I will say once again, they sure blend with the stainless color of the gun. Kind of an original look. When I go to the range I can assure you I will have the most custom set of grips there. These grips will turn some heads and I have to credit Carl with that.

#10 ·
Dude that picture is worth more than I initially thought.. :eek:

Freakin hilarious.. You know you will have to keep those forever. If I find out you threw them away, or sold them, or traded them to the pygmies, I will personally fly to spudville and introduce your hind quarters to my right boot..

;)

#11 ·
Dude that picture is worth more than I initially thought.. :eek:

Freakin hilarious.. You know you will have to keep those forever. If I find out you threw them away, or sold them, or traded them to the pygmies, I will personally fly to spudville and introduce your hind quarters to my right boot..

;)
That would not be a good idea JLA. If you went to kick me in the rear you might miss and hit the grips of my 1911 and that might make the raised TFF lettering go flying into the dirt. That would be a problem because there are no Pygmies here to help me find them because I hear they hide under Sams porch.

I'm just saying.

#12 ·
Now on a serious note. Thanks Carl for such a nice set of grips. They made my day and my pistol looks sweet. The grips are smooth and they feel great. Both my wife and I agree the wood is beautiful. Now I need to buy a nicer 1911 to go with these grips.

Thanks Carl.

Attachments

#19 ·
Wow Highboy. Those are super. I am going to try to save up the $75 to buy a pair of TFF grips for my pistol.

I'd like to share with you all the response from MSGT-R when she found out she won the Pmag: "Oh Boy, oh Boy, oh Boy!!!!! Thank you!"

Guess she felt like I did since I generally never win anything at all!

#26 ·
Those sure are nice JIM, Congrats!! When I had the SR 1911 I couldnt decide which color or what wood would look nice on it. Yours and Todds are great looking guns. I dont really think it matters what color they are now after seeing several. Its all in the maker. Great job Carl!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.