WOOHOO!!! it came in

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by warpig, Feb 24, 2003.

1. warpig

warpig Guest

wsmc667
    V.I.P. Member
    (10/31/02 1:51:54 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All WOOHOO!!! it came in
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    please excuse my over-excitedness... buuuuuut...

my upper finally came in!!!!

stats:
    lower:
    - PWA bought in p.r.k. years ago (and legal)
    upper:
    - Bushy "V match" flat top upper with fluted 16" barrel 1:9
    - special gas block with 3 rails
    - flip up sights
    - bushy bolt came with it, so headspace checked / matched or whatever they do

i ordered this upper over a month ago... and SO wanted it this whole time! maybe the wait makes it even more sweet (for me).

now to find a good used red dot that needs a new loving and caring home...

chris in sandy eggo, prk

wsmc667
    V.I.P. Member
    (10/31/02 11:09:16 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del zzz zZZZzzzZZzz
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    man, do i know how to kill a thread and/or forum??? i wish i could shoot that well!!!

put 100 rounds through it today. happiness IS an autoloading rifle!! since i was so obnoxiously loud, i let the guy in the next lane fire a few rounds. he was bullseye shooting his .45 and using a spotting scope and all.

heheh, i think he's going to have to get one now (only with the 10 round internal mag). his grin was as big as mine!

chris in sandy eggo

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (10/31/02 11:13:15 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: zzz zZZZzzzZZzz
    Nice gun! Not too into the semi-auto's but it's a purty one indeed.

wsmc667
    V.I.P. Member
    (11/1/02 1:29:59 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: zzz zZZZzzzZZzz
    hehehe, hi T ... i saw you lurking around earlier. i definitely understand how an autoloader can be unattractive... as i stared at $20 worth of holes in the paper! i found some cheaper ammo to try out next...

but ... thank you for the compliment. i never was super attracted to the AR family but i had such a good time shooting my `16 in the army that i had to buy a lower before they were totally banned in PRK. but now that i've got it, wow... maybe it's extra special because it's my first real long gun ???

now i'm gonna have to post a few optics questions to the tech forum...

chris in sandy eggo

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (11/1/02 9:09:13 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: zzz zZZZzzzZZzz
    Good luck Chris with your AR.

I'm more of an 03 or 03A3 kinda gal I guess though I do own the cheap semi-autos (like SKS's and AK's).

If your good with it then that's what counts!

wsmc667
    V.I.P. Member
    (11/1/02 1:04:37 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del dang it
    dang it, T, now you've introduced me to yet another fine example of a firearm!

hmmm... did a google search. just found one on GA for $375 (sporterized). also looked around more ... shoots a healthy 30-06 round. huh, kinda odd that these don't get more "press". maybe it's the flood of less costly russian guns. =)

chris in sandy eggo

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (11/1/02 11:05:48 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: dang it
    wscm - kinda hard to say. These rifles are beautiful to say the least. I've got an Springfield 03 sporterized that I'm starting the process to put back in original form. Only good thing the idiot did with it - was not cut the barrel down! But man oh man the other shit he did makes me cry.

The stock for the 03 came today. bullelk found it for me in Maine and it's gorgeous. One step closer.

Keep your eye out, check out the pawn shops in your area and you never know an 03 or an 03A3 might just drop in your lap - stranger things have happened.

Oh and both rifles are a total blast to shoot and damn accurate!

wsmc667
    V.I.P. Member
    (11/2/02 11:57:08 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del all bolt guns seem to be good shooters
    huh... it seems to me that any military bolt gun (ww1 ~ ww2) is going to be a good shooter.

today, my wife and i were out riding our dirt bikes 80 or 90 miles east of san diego and bam bam, we heard some dudes shooting. unfortunately it was in the only no shooting area within 10 miles... and we were more or less down range!

well, we went around to say hi. they acted properly enough and didn't realize we were back there (on public trails where there happened to be like a dozen other people). as long as they stayed on target, we were pretty much OK.

anyhow, one of them had a 303 enfield. his grandpa had it in the attic for 50 years! very attractive gun with a nice report.

heheh, so a person can't go wrong with: springfield, m39, m44, enfield, mauser ... ... ...

chris in sandy eggo, prk

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (11/3/02 12:20:12 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: all bolt guns seem to be good shooters
    You can never go wrong with an Enfield or a Mauser.

Own 3 Enfields, 1 Turk Mauser, one VZ-24 Mauser and various other rifles as well.

Guess I'm just a bolt action type gal for the most part. Though after shooting a M14/1A??? I could easily get to liking other rifles.

Tac401
    Administrator
    (11/3/02 1:28:38 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Nice rifle Chris, I like'm!

I like my P-17 too!
    TFF VMBB Email Tac

wsmc667
    V.I.P. Member
    (11/3/02 2:18:13 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: all bolt guns seem to be good shooters
    hi Tac,

did a search on p17 rifle ... did you read about the one that blew up? apparently, it was test fired into water, but the tester had the muzzle in the water.

chris in sandy eggo

Tac401
    Administrator
    (11/4/02 1:36:18 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    That's a real bright idea, glad he in't doing any testing
    for me!
    TFF VMBB Email Tac

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (11/4/02 4:20:40 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: all bolt guns seem to be good shooters
    I think TLynn is about ready to do some testing... the girl has been into it up to her elbows for some time now...

Quote:
    "Tell the gossipers and liars I will see them in the fire" - Johnny Cash, Let the train whistle blow

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (11/4/02 8:00:56 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    You could well be right ZigZag it is about time to take them all out and play again. Been too busy with the Springfield, it's time for the Mauser (why do I think that's really going to hurt me?), and maybe one of the M44's.

Hmmmmm, I'll go out after I hit the gun show Saturday - maybe I can pick up some ammo for the AK-74 and take it too!