Wooohooo I finally made it

Discussion in 'Disabled Hunters & Shooters Forum' started by Lapua Kid, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Lapua Kid

Lapua Kid New Member

I've been groundhog hunting for the last 13 , 14 years only to take the sport to a different level the last couple of years . For years I was happy shooting factory Varmint guns mostly 22/250's and 243's . Will about 5 years ago i tried taking a factory and truing it up I shot that gun very well it was a 6 x 47 Lapua . I decided to try the shorter fatter 6mm's I went to the 6ppc in a full fledged BR gun oh this gun would shoot an the shots started to increase in length . Will last year I purchase a fully custom built 1000 yard gun woohooo it weighs plenty . I started practicing at 500 yards in VA you dont get many of these shots .I was amazed at how i was able to group at 500 . Next thing you know I was groundhog hunting looking for the 500 + shots First groundhog i missed i threw dirt up on him he was 508 yards .Then my second shot came about the next time out will I set scope on 22 power for hold over estaimated my hold over and touched it off must watched it 20 minutes before pulling . I got in Van drove around to location an used the Leica to confirm it was 542 yards . I finally got the 500 yard shot and connected .This w/c kid is grinning from ear to ear . Guys get out enjoy yourself I was injuried in a falling accident 18 years ago Spinal Cord Injury para this past Christmas found out I had Colon Cancer .Enjoy while you can .God Bless Happy Easter:) Lifes to short enjoy

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 8, 2012
  2. jbrescue

jbrescue New Member

Enjoy it and live to the fullest. Sorry to hear about your health. Great shooting.
  3. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

500 + yards on a groundhog....it dont get much better than that!!! Congrat's on the
    shot! That's a heck of a long ways. For the people that isnt used to shooting much past
    1-200yds, might have a hard time comprehending what it is to make a shot on a
    groundhog at that distance. (and a head shot at that!)

That's an awesome shot at an awesome distance!
  4. Lapua Kid

Lapua Kid New Member

Thanks guys Equipment has alot to do with it
  5. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Great shooting. I am sorry to hear about your health. Keep putting the posts up.
  6. garydude

garydude Member

Nice job Mr. Kid,

That truly was an amazing shot!:thumbsup:
  7. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

500 yrds on a groundhog WOW don't think i could do that nice going:dance::dance::dance::bow:
  8. permafrost

permafrost Active Member

I like your style, Kid. Attitude , indeed is everything! Best of luck and thanks for reminding us all how good we got it.Fantastic shot! I never get over 200 yds around here.:)
  9. blind bud

blind bud New Member

HELLO FROM FLORIDA , THAT IS SOME GREAT SHOOTING MY FRIEND SOME OLD MARINE CORP BOOT CAMP SHOOTING , WELL SINCE MY ACCIDENT I ONLY SHOOT 25,30 YARDS MAX NOW BUT I AM LIKE YOU ENJOY LIFE WHILE YOU CAN .
    MY MARINE MOTTO IS A WINNER NEVER QUITS AND A QUITTER NEVER WINS I WILL WIN ONE DAY ?? MAY THE GOOD LORD BE WITH YOU KEEP YOU HEALTHY AND SAFE TO ENJOY LIFE .
    BLIND BUD U.S.M.C. DAV. L/CPL .
  10. Lapua Kid

Lapua Kid New Member

Thanks Guys and Gals . Yep Blindman i live buy the same motto Winners never quit and Quitters never win .Sometimes would be nice to stop and take a break tho . I have a great wife and i have seen the gifts God has given me I often say I'm ;)a lucky man:) To add 1 to the list I got me my first groundhog Saturday evening 155 yards with and XP100 pistol . Thanks guys yall are superrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
  11. hunterfisher

hunterfisher New Member

Nice Shootin'.
  12. Old Grump

Old Grump New Member

Little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    If you can't shoot the equipment won't help, you done good so go ahead and brag because that was a bragging shot. :D