Working on the Sabbath for Christians , yeah or neigh ?

Discussion in 'Religious Discussions' started by jack404, Nov 26, 2011.

1. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Python thats how i read it too ...

as i am not jewish i'n not under the OT but the new covenant

that is not written in stone but on the tablets of my heart

i am not sure what day was meant for rest but Sunday here is my Churchifying day and the rest of the day i leave for family and friends

so i believe my promise to God is kept , His request to me is fulfilled and all is good

to be told i've got to go back to the Old Testament makes me ask why and on who's say so ?

and yeah i can get goats for the sacrifice no worries ( camels too if needed ) but where the heck am i gonna find a urn big enough today to burn one ?? and if i do i'll be locked up for sure .. so how do i get round that ?

or does it mean i have to convert to Judaism??

My own Prayers leave me feeling i am doing ok ,

beyond that i cant do much else

if folks ask i'll supply a couple bunnies for em any day , as i've been condemned for so many things now i'm probably past anyones redemption , anyone besides Christ that is , His word is what i am going by , i may not be perfect at it , but i know i do try and that he'll honour that .. whether thats enough ? i guess we'll see ...
  2. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

No Holy War interest here on my part, guys -
    And I know that a LOT of folks agree with you.

The effect of our differences of opinion on this is that you feel that a Jew HAS to convert to Christianity to make it into heaven, while I do not.

For my part, I wish I were Jewish, because as a Christian I would then be covered under BOTH covenants!!
  3. Skyking

Skyking New Member

you guy's on this forum really are a great bunch to share with.I hope it doesn't come across that I'm condemming because you do or don't do something ,never my intent. I get passionate about things at times and want to share so many things at once.
    If it's ok I'll share articles or videos and whatever I have that reflects what I've learned and you can read watch ,debate or ponder as you see fit to do.
    Jack and Terry have also brought up some good points about the covenants and who we are in the grand plan.I'd like to start a new thread as I think it's a real stumbling block to the kingdom and see how it goes
  4. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Wow!! What a great conversation that simple question started. A lot of things have come up that have had theologians talking for years, and they still have thier disagreements, and still haven't come to a universally acceptable conclusion--to them, at least.

Jack, I suppose if some bad cook got hold of some of your bunnies they could be considered a burnt offering!!:)

I like the way David said it in Psalm 51:14-17--
    "Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God,
    O God of my salvation,
    and my tongue will sing aloud of your righteousness.
    O Lord, open my lips,
    and my mouth will declare your praise.
    For you will not delight in sacrifice, or I would give it;
    you will not be pleased with a burnt offering.
    The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit;
    a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise."

That same thought is expressed in various places in the New Testament as well as in other places in the Old Testament.

I'll save further comments for the covenant discussion.
  5. Python

Python Former Guest

Jack
    The sacrifice of bulls and goats were only to cover sins. Jesus was the sacrificial Lamb of God (the ultimate sacrifice) who's shed blood on the cross "washed away" all of our sins. The last words Jesus spoke before He died were.."It is finished" (paid in full). Remember that Jesus said to Nicodemus.."Unless a man be "born again" he cannot see the Kingdom of Heaven". Nothing but the blood of Jesus, period.
  6. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

yeah i screw up so often i'd be forever herding goaties into get charred

and why i am soooo Greatfull theres a simpler way ,

actually it was me making a maybe not so funny .. the irony of it all, i find amusing somewhat

aussies are bad that way ....
  7. Python

Python Former Guest

Jack, remember "Nicodemus" was a Jew.
  8. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

true but Nicodemus was saved in the end ,

some jewish scholars say he is the same guy as Nicodemus ben Gurion, but the dates just dont add up for it to be true ...

also his martyrdom sort of stuffs that idea too.. from the gibraltian texts ( this about Nicodemus )

HE was by sect a Pharisee, and passed for a master and doctor in Israel, even when he was ignorant of the truths of eternal life. He seems to have been a senator of Jerusalem; for he is called a Jewish chief. The Pharisees were in general, by their pride, the most opposite of all others to the humility of the gospel. St. Nicodemus was an exception, and believed in Christ. 1 At first, something of a sacred opinion of his own wisdom and learning, which it is so hard and so rare a thing for men to be perfectly divested of, seems to have been an obstacle to his opening his heart perfectly to the grace of his conversion. To humble him, Christ explained to him the mystery of regeneration by baptism, which St. Nicodemus did not understand, though it was expressed in the prophets. Our merciful Redeemer reproached him for his ignorance. St. Nicodemus, far from being offended at the reproof, received it with such humility, and was so confounded within himself, that perfecting these dispositions, Christ conducted him into the paths of true virtue. He returned to Jesus from time to time; defended him openly against the Pharisees, 2 assisted at his burial, and embalmed his sacred body with rich spices. 3 Having been turned out of the synagogue by the Jews for believing in Christ, he retired to St. Gamaliel at his country house, and died there at the hands of those who hated what he had become
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2011
  9. Python

Python Former Guest

I agree that Nicodemus was saved because he was "born again" after hearing Jesus. However you lose me on the "mystery" of regeneration by baptism. There's no mystery that I've read about in the Bible about baptism. Baptism is simply an outward expression of an inward faith/change.
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2011
  10. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

i've cut and pasted a translation of haliphisus a roman historian, from greece i think, who wrote of many folks including Nicodemus (the gibraltian texts) , who later in life became part of the Church in Corinth

his words and his explanation