World Bank really hacked?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ponycar17, Jan 21, 2009.

1. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

Emphasis added by me...

From http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,435681,00.html#

:eek:

Does the response from the World Bank look suspiciously vague and possibly just an attempt at crisis management?

So, your comments? :confused:
  2. Vladimir

Vladimir New Member

This kind of thing isn't simple, theres a very good chance everyone at the bank thinks they know exactly what is going on... and if you asked them every person would give you a different story.

Perhaps the United States should have taken the advice of that special panel and rewrote the entire internet :D.
  3. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

It was a big deal for about a day and then vanished. I remember Mike Huckabee speculating that manipulation could have caused some of our financial problems on Fox News.

You're right though Vlad; this could have been a disgruntled ex-employee, etc... But, it is ironic that the story disappeared so quickly and just went away. Normally when a story is proven false, a news station will remove it entirely but that's not so in this case. Who knows?...
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2009
  4. Vladimir

Vladimir New Member

No I mean figuring this kind of stuff out is complicated, who did what, when, to what, and how are all difficult questions, particularly when different things happened on different days... I mean its probably like a giant game of telephone, so much different information is probably out there that they look really stupid, but in actuality its really easy to understand why :D... that and they work for the World Bank... its like a recipe for disaster.
  5. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

Well, yes... All this could have been overconfidence in someone who felt they understood the matter when they didn't. By the fact that the issue has not re-emerged I'm not sure what opinion we should take on the matter.
  6. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

I wonder how much $$$$$ was stolen?

You know the old saying, Its easier to steal $1.00 from a million people than it is to steal a million dollars from one person.

That is an amazing article, wow.
  7. Vladimir

Vladimir New Member

I suspect if money was missing this would have been taken care of a lot quicker. Much harder to notice passwords and information being stolen than cold hard cash :D.
  8. GMFWoodchuck

GMFWoodchuck New Member

Who cares if the World Bank gets robbed? They're a bunch of theives themselves.