World War II, what the boys were fighting for!

Discussion in 'General Military Arms & History Forum' started by 17thfabn, Mar 10, 2007.

1. 17thfabn

17thfabn New Member

2. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

The #1 pinup queen during WWII was Betty Grable. #2 was Jane Russell.

I have a neat book of "Nose Art" of WWII U.S. Aircraft. Many of these same pinup queens appeared there also (a few even had clothes on)! :D
  3. 17thfabn

17thfabn New Member

Here is one of my favorites from that era!:)

http://www.skylighters.org/yankgotm/index1b.html

I think it is ironic that only a couple of the women have German names, when at that point in history a large proportion of American's ancestors had come from Germany. I guess many of their stage names were different than their family names.
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2007
  4. markt334

markt334 New Member

Thanks 17thfabn....for a lanyard lizard you got impeccable taste!!!
  5. Sackett

Sackett Member

Thanks for the show. I think I like the Jane Russell and Katy Jurado the best. I've never seen that one of Jane before.
  6. standles

standles New Member

Hmmmm

At the height of these ladies careers I wasn't even a dirty thought in my daddy's mind. :D However, It amazes me that these ladies had more class, sex appeal, and presence than anything today's "mall rats" have to offer.

With a few exceptions the degredation of kids to thier current position disgust me. Girls leaving their houses lookinf like miniature hookers before they are even 10yrs old. :eek: Guys being force fed BS to think a woman is good for only one thing. :mad: I could go on but I figure I would be preaching to the choir here.

I am sure that the photos shown above were risque to say the least. However, each one was alluring and not one T&A shot in the bunch. I feel we lost a good part of society when the sexual revolution took place.

Steven