1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

World War II, what the boys were fighting for!

Discussion in 'General Military Arms & History Forum' started by 17thfabn, Mar 10, 2007.

1. 17thfabn

17thfabn New Member

2. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

The #1 pinup queen during WWII was Betty Grable. #2 was Jane Russell.

I have a neat book of "Nose Art" of WWII U.S. Aircraft. Many of these same pinup queens appeared there also (a few even had clothes on)! :D
  3. 17thfabn

17thfabn New Member

Here is one of my favorites from that era!:)

http://www.skylighters.org/yankgotm/index1b.html

I think it is ironic that only a couple of the women have German names, when at that point in history a large proportion of American's ancestors had come from Germany. I guess many of their stage names were different than their family names.
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2007
  4. markt334

markt334 New Member

Thanks 17thfabn....for a lanyard lizard you got impeccable taste!!!
  5. Sackett

Sackett Member

Thanks for the show. I think I like the Jane Russell and Katy Jurado the best. I've never seen that one of Jane before.
  6. standles

standles New Member

Hmmmm

At the height of these ladies careers I wasn't even a dirty thought in my daddy's mind. :D However, It amazes me that these ladies had more class, sex appeal, and presence than anything today's "mall rats" have to offer.

With a few exceptions the degredation of kids to thier current position disgust me. Girls leaving their houses lookinf like miniature hookers before they are even 10yrs old. :eek: Guys being force fed BS to think a woman is good for only one thing. :mad: I could go on but I figure I would be preaching to the choir here.

I am sure that the photos shown above were risque to say the least. However, each one was alluring and not one T&A shot in the bunch. I feel we lost a good part of society when the sexual revolution took place.

Steven