Worn out H&R 922

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by Jesse17, Apr 27, 2011.

1. jamesjo

jamesjo New Member

Floyd's son,
    Cool, another 1943 model 922.
    Jim Hauff is going to like this one, seems maybe H&R put out a few more during the war than originally thought
    Don't know why they would, but possibly frames were made in 1943, and assembled after the war effort?
    I am by no means an expert, so I will let Jim or others answer your questions.
    Nice 922 !!
  2. Jim Hauff

Jim Hauff New Member

Floyd's Son,
    DANG, another wartime 922. I don't think you should have to do anything to your gun, if it functions, other than clean it up and keep it lubed. It looks to be in pretty darn good condition.
    As a side note: I've seen (and own) quite a few guns from that era with the Nylon monogrips. Most of them had that white residue on them. I found a way to remove that using an old tooth brush, liquid dish detergent and tooth paste. It removes what ever that stuff is (maybe a type of fungus growing on the aliphatic hydrocarbon based "plastic" material???????????)
    BTW, your piece is also a 1st Model 5th Variation, due to it's wartime production.
    Nice gun, scarce and, IMHO as an H&R collector - a collectible piece.
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2012
  3. Floyd'sSon

Floyd'sSon New Member

thank you for the information and your speedy reply.
    I'll clean it up, and get it lubed. Also, I'll try the detergent/toothpaste combo trick.
    Happy New Year!
  4. Jim Hauff

Jim Hauff New Member

Floyd'sSon,
    You're welcome - ummm - probably not necessary to mention - but, please remove the grip before you start the cleaning process! Also, use WARM not hot water - really hot water will cause the "plastic" to deform - no need to get into how I "discovered" this factoid.