1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

worst 32ACP ammo

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by Boris, Dec 27, 2010.

1. Boris

Boris Former Guest

I bought a box of the PPU (Serbian) 32ACP 71 grain Hollowpoint ammo to test in my P32. I got the pistol loaded up and went out to test it.

The first round did not even extract from the chamber and the rest either stovepiped or barely ejected. Terrible ammo for the P32.

I did fire a few into water bottles we setup. The one projectile I did recover showed it would expand if it got up to a full normal 32 velocity.

I imagine these little hollowpoints would expand if the ammo had some velocity to them. I imagine if one were to pull the projectiles and reload them they would be fine projectiles. Other than that they blow chunks..........

On a good note I bought another box of Fiocchi ball and as normal, they were very hot and I like the fact the primer and bullet are sealed.....
  2. graehaven

graehaven Well-Known Member

Yeah, I only run quality factory ammo in mine. Don't trust most of that foreign stuff in a pocket pistol that MUST function when needed.
  3. permafrost

permafrost Active Member

Seems to be a difference in specs between european ammo in32 acp and USA ammo. My CZ 70 only runs well with the euro ammo. The US stuff,not so much!
  4. Boris

Boris Former Guest

THere is a huge difference in European CIP spec 7.65Br and USA SAAMI 32ACP spec ammo.

CIP loads their 7.65Br to 26,000psi, SAAMI limits it to 21,000psi. The Fiocchi and S&B is a good bit warmer than anything made in the USA.

For pistol calibers I rarely shoot anything made in the USA. SAAMI spec ammo is just too weak. I been shooting alot of RWS 9x19mm 124 grain lately and if it were loaded in the USA it would be wearing a +P+ on the box. It is very clear the ammo is loaded to top end CIP spec. Fiocchi and S&B 32ACP ejects twice as far from my P32 than SAAMI spec ammo and you notice it when you fire it.

The PPU that is made in Serbia SHOULD be loaded to CIP spec but it dont even meet SAAMI specs. The PPU 32ACP is a joke. Only thing I can think of it might be good for is a conversion cylinder in a Nagant revolver or shooting from a 32SW long or 32 H&R mag gun. It is worthless in an autoloader. I cannt even imagine what shooting it in a CZ83 would be like with its massive slide for that caliber.

Get it for a 22lrish load from a revolver if you want. DO not shoot it in a autoloder. Just a heads up for all my buds here.......