1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

would anyone ever carry a desert eagle?

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by coreyacp, Feb 14, 2010.

1. coreyacp

coreyacp New Member

Would anyone ever carry a desert eagle like normally obviously it cant be carried concealed but jw. Its kind of funny cause i heard this guy in line at walmart said he carried a deagle everywhere but like that just seems so stupid to carry like yes if you get hit by a round from a deagle obviously your going to kicked knocked out but a 45 or a 9mm will still take people down so its so stupid
  2. TheGunClinger

TheGunClinger Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Cause those who have one, can.;)
  3. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

I would personally never carry one. Too big of a gun for me. Looking at the Magnum Research website, Desert Eagles are all around $2,000. That's alot. They do look cool though. They have black oxide, brushed chrome, titanium gold, titanium gold with tiger stripes. They definitely look sweet. Too bad they don't make a titanium gold 1911 with tiger stripes. It says they even make one in 24k gold.

http://www.magnumresearch.com/Browse.asp

They got matte chrome, brushed chrome with some 24k gold accessories on it. Polished chrome. Bright nickel, satin nickel, polished deep blued... Looks like a very cool gun.

If I had one, it definitely wouldn't be my every day carry gun. But I might take it out from time to time just to show it off. That's like building a sweet classic muscle car and then leaving it in the garage all the time. You gotta take it out once in awhile.
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2010
  4. Popeye

Popeye New Member

At 4+ pounds I have no idea why anyone would want to carry a Desert Eagle
  5. Agentwil

Agentwil New Member

I have an old uncle who retired from the CIA and spend much of his career in the Middle East. He carried a Desert Eagle on his hip but also a Glock tucked in his waist band. He wore the Desert Eagle because it impressed the Arabs he delt with but he told me in a pinch he would go for the auto in his waistband because the desert eagle was way to big. He is 66 years old living in Thailand with two wives that are half his age. True Story.
  6. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Agentwil would he be that Dan or Don ?? man thats a familiar tale ..

and yeah desert eagles in .45 would be cool for looks value in a few places ( europe middle east etc where big handguns spell bad death) but would much prefer a 1911 in .45 for usability and practicality, a extended barrel version maybe only a inch or so but yeah save some weight and easier to draw and get a bead with than a eagle

but heck if you got forearms like my legs go for it!! :D

thats the one thing i am really envious of of you folks

carry what you want !!! it's your choice, but if TSHTF you gotta live or die by them choices, here i aint gotta choice no more...

if i could i'd maybe go for a armscor super 1911 6" barrel but the rest is a 1911 made outta alloy for the most part

3 1/3 lbs empty 9 rnd mag +1 up the spout sweeeeeeeet as eh

but $3000 too ....

cheers

jack
  7. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

MR Inc. was located right here in MN! ;)

I can barely conceal a scaled-down 1911, a Desert Eagle would make me look like a midget. :D
  8. Agentwil

Agentwil New Member

True story. He served as a Ranger in Vietnam and had an amazing career. He has always been my idol. His name is Robert not Dan nor Don.
  9. TheGunClinger

I have lots of guns that I wouldnt normally carry but I would if the need arises. I bet that most of you have tools in your toolbox that you dont use all the time but would if you needed them. None of your tools would be considered stupid would they?
  10. coreyacp

coreyacp New Member

The guy said he carried it in the front of his waistband.... LOL
  11. big steve

big steve New Member

agreed
  12. The_Rifleman

The_Rifleman New Member

My Winchester 94 weighs 6 lbs. 4 oz..
  13. TheGunClinger

Then maybe it is a compensatory thing with him? < a funny ;);):D
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2010
  14. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Ill carry one some day maybe if my leg gets chopped off and the docs outfit me with a bionic leg like robo cop that i can fit a desert eagle into with about 15 loaded mags. Ill be invincible:D
  15. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

for real tho, gimme a 1911...:)