Would Marines Fire On Americans?

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by raven818, Dec 9, 2011.

1. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Apparently 25% of them would. I thought I'd put it in this Forum, cause it's probably going to wind up here anyway. :(

http://tinyurl.com/7fc9j5d
  2. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

I'd like to see some hard evidence to this claim.

I have a large extended family. Not ONE of them that has served (military or law enforcement) would ever fire on their fellow citizens without cause.

I work with a lot of veterans, and I can say that none of them would either.:mad:

Who makes up this crap? One in four would kick down my door cuz they were told to? Fully expecting return fire?

Hog wash.
  3. Juker

Juker New Member

98.74% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

And the Marines I know would not obey an illegal order.
  4. HunterAlpha1

HunterAlpha1 Former Guest

that's ONLY 25%. the 11% were probably mostly marines who didn't want to say yes, but who also didn't want to end up on a List. i actually find this rather encouraging. i would've expected at least a third to a half saying that they would fire on their fellow Americans.
  5. raven818

Syrian forces are defecting, in part, and joining the demonstrators, because they're being forced to fire on civilians. What's going to happen next there, is a civil war. Military against military always winds up like that, and tens of thousands will die as a result.

I'm trying to picture that scenario here. Unfortunately, I can. But if it does, it won't be a holy war, it'll be the disgruntled against the haves'.

To be one of the haves', all you'll need to qualify, is a home and food in your stomach. IMO.
  6. American Leader

American Leader Well-Known Member

Read what the "Oath Takers" have to say about this. I'm sure you have all read about how officials in New Orleans handled citizens during Katrina. No shooting, but our rights were trampled on! Do our soldiers honor their oath to the USA when they work within the confines of the UN? I hope and pray when our Marines and other branches as well are asked to fire on us, and I believe there is a strong possibility they will be asked, they have the courage and fortitude to do the right thing. It won't be easy, because our government has become totally corrupt!
  7. raven818

I hate to keep harping on this, but the UN had us going into Libya to protect the innocent civilians. Not to kill Gaddafi ( right, uh-huh ). The military, OUR military, was ordered there by the UN. I do not believe our military leadership are all stupid. They knew up front, regardless of the media hype, that the muslin brotherhood would be the eventual heirs to the throne, but they did as they were ordered. Now we face a far bigger threat than gaddafi ever was. In fact, he wasn't a threat anymore and hadn't been for years.

It tends to ramble a bit, but I hope you see the connection between the two.
  8. American Leader

American Leader Well-Known Member

Right on Raven!
  9. Python

Python Former Guest

War, but not civil war. Israel and Syria are preparing for all out war to begin within a few weeks, or sooner. Syria has threatened to rocket attack Tel Aviv, in retaliation Israel has threatened "Extreme Devastation" upon Damascus. Our 6th Fleet along with the aircraft carrier George H.W. Bush are poised off the coast of Syria along with Russian warships in wait. Troops are mobilizing along the boarders. Lebanon, Jordon, Egypt, and Libya (Muslim Brotherhood) are rumored to also be in the mix when the exchange begins. Does anyone find it strange that the MSM has been silent about this?
  10. Zhurh

Zhurh Active Member

Throughout our short history, there have been many times Americans were fired on by the powers that be. Trouble is that it usually blows up in the govt's face as the truth does come out. For that reason, I don't think we'd ever see massive murder of Americans by the American Military. The constitutional mindset is still strong in America's worldview.

Ya know, a year back, we had a couple fed park cops traveling the Yukon, enforcing safety violations. Wasn't too long until they were waving guns at locals as they ran boats into the shore and handcuffed 70 year old retired goldminers. It got the locals upset and ruined many years of goodwill between locals and fed park people. The two cops were fired and our Governor, Reps, and Senators were going to defund park service and just got way outta hand. Feds had a bunch of why can't we all get along meetings, ect; apologized for the big misunderstanding. Still a bunch of the locals are just waiting for the feds to just look at them sideways and everything will start again. We've actually had some great Park supers here along the Yukon that worked with the community, until Obama got it, then it changed. You see pretty quick the feds don't want confrontation, they want the people to follow their laws which they make just fair enough so locals accept the intrusions to their freedoms; no joke.
  11. Prizefighter

Prizefighter New Member

I don't have any trouble believing that statistic. And I say that without any disrespect to our service men and women. But it seems to me that a considerable amount of effort goes in to training soldiers to be unquestioning of orders, and some are bound to be products of that training. Add to that the fact that military branches aren't exempt from the truth that any sufficiently large group will have some sour apples, let's say, and I wonder if ~26% isn't a better number than I might have expected.
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2011
  12. Python

Python Former Guest

If it comes down to it they'll recruit only those "willing" to fire on Americans, and in today's sick society, no problem.
  13. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

if the armed services of any nation fire or make war upon the people of that nation they become the enemy . ( full stop )

if they come after me or mine here , thats ok , saves me going for supplies, as i'll take what they have ...
  14. Juker

Juker New Member

If anyone has more information on this supposed "survey", I'd sure like to see it.

Who administered it? Who wrote it? When? Who took it? Where was it taken? Were these active duty Marines, recruits, wannabes? Was it an online survey with no 'control' (meaning, a website where any user can say they were in the Marines) - ?

What was the preceding question? Was it "America has been invaded. Police forces are overwhelmed by looting. The military is called in to help restore order. You see a gang killing children and raping nuns. Would you fire on them?"

I'm close to calling B.S. on this one - why does the video start with the a zoom on that one survey question, and not show the entire form? If it was indeed a bombshell, the video should start with, "On May 15, 2011, Oathkeepers surveyed 500 active duty combat veteran Marines at 29 Palms..."

But no. There's no information like that. Who wrote this survey? And who allowed it to be given to Marines?

Again, I simply do not believe this.

I've given a lot of thought to joining Oathkeepers, but if this type of sensationalism is their recruiting tool, I think I'll pass.
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2011
  15. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

29 palms? the practise grounds for civil control ?

oh heck