Would this be a reasonable trade?

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by RunningOnMT, Jan 5, 2012.

1. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

I have a Kahr CW 45 and a S&W M&P .45. Both are in like new condition, with approximately 100 rds through each. They seem like fairly decent handguns to me...if you like plastic, but I prefer a steel frame. Neither of these have an external thumb safety, and that's another thing I'm not crazy about.

I would like to trade both of these (including three mags each) for any make 1911 with a 3" barrel. I would expect the quality and degree of wear to be comparable to the two I'm offering. Is this a reasonable trade?
  2. reynolds357

reynolds357 Former Guest

Depends on the 1911. 3" 1911's range from $400's to $4,000's
  3. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

Notice I said "any make". I mean if someone wants to trade me a $4000.00 pistol that's fine by me, but I will trade my two for an entry level 1911 provided it has a 3" barrel and has not seen much wear.
  4. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

That sounds like a fair trade to me, but I the other person should throw in some "boot" if they had a RIA 3 inch!!
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2012
  5. patrol

patrol New Member

You know what you wan't, and that I understand but rethink the 3" 1911...The gun simply wasn't meant for that caliber no matter how good a make you get.

Go for the Commander size 4" or 4.4"...the reliability overall will be better for you...
  6. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I say, state what you want in the trade. There are guys that don't appreciate a good 1911 but would love to have your two guns. Anybody with a $4000.00 1911 is smarter that that. But there is a chance that yoou could fing someone with say, a nice Kimber that might trade. Only offer one mag and then when they are on the fence, throw in the other two to seal the deal. If the gun is not what you want, then make them throw some cash in. What have you got to lose?
  7. surfzombie

surfzombie New Member

I agree don't go any smaller than 4". Why don't you just sell your two pistols and then go buy what you want rather than do a trade and then have buyers remorse afterwards.?