Wounded Warrior Project anti-gun. What?!

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by Buckshot, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Buckshot

Buckshot Active Member

2. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    I stopped giving/supporting WWP when I discovered that WWP is a lie. If you were wounded in service to your country, you were excluded if you were not in the present conflicts. VN vets are not excepted for treatment from WWP. And just why is it that the CEO of WWP get a $300 thousand dollar a year sallery? You would think that he would work for free! It's for a good cause ya know. Just like the Red Cross.
  3. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

I am still supporting them with a monthly donation, but I am waiting to see exactly what they say coming up soon. If they maintain their anti gun position, I will have to stop my support. Carver, every single organization has its issues..this one is no different...
  4. carver

carver Moderator

I agree, and I would not suggest that anyone STOP supporting WWP. It's my choice, but I do give money to http://www.soldiersangels.org/
  5. Dog Soldier

Dog Soldier New Member

The 20% on each dollar makes it down to the veterans. The other 80% is going to the people who solict the funds. After looking at these facts gun issues aside, I will not support them. Find a veteran in your church or town give it direct to these families.;)
  6. carver

carver Moderator

Check out Slodier's Angles. http://www.soldiersangels.org/
  7. time2shoot

time2shoot Active Member

If your edgy about it buckshot but ya still want to help.
    Don't know what your health is like, but volenter to drive a disabled vet to his appt. or mow there lawn for them. show up with some nice take out.
    Cash donations are great. but if you realy want to help. help in a way they will realy need it. usaly day to day stuff.

Take it from a disabled vet. It means more to me to have some one help me around the house,like mowing my yard, than a check or cash. It's hard to tell a check thank you.
  8. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

I did some bike races and raised a bunch of money for them but I have to question some of their policies. Overall it is a good organization but like said, there are faults to be found in anything that large.

And I'm not gonna slam em yet either, I still have a ways to go in the military and may need them yet!
  9. cheesewiz

cheesewiz Active Member

Same reason I stopped the United Way ......80% of the money went to the office and the CEO .....then there was cash disappearing .....it always sounds great and starts out great then down hill it goes .....
  10. terryu1

terryu1 Armed Infidel Supporting Member

I will see what they have to say but I have been an Advance Guard member for almost two years and this will have to stop. There are other good vet charities that have the same values I have.
  11. north tex

north tex Member

Some good news:

http://www.examiner.com/article/wou...verses-position-welcomes-gun-talk-opportunity

Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
  12. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

Just looked them up on Charity Navigator.

You might find it interesting - about half of donations go to overhead?
    And their honcho DOES knock down over 300K a year.

Check them here:
    http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.summary&orgid=12842

Be sure and scroll to the bottom of that page and see how they stack up against the other four charities doing the same kind of work; they rank last.
  13. Buckshot

Buckshot Active Member

No matter how this turns out, I think there are probably better choices for donations. Make no mistake, no matter your choice, the point is to support our veterans and our military personnel. Tangible, on-going support. We owe them everything.
  14. wv hillbilly

wv hillbilly Well-Known Member

15. carver

carver Moderator

16. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

This was posted 3 months earlier.