Wounded Warrior Project anti-gun. What?!

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by Buckshot, Nov 15, 2012.

  1. Buckshot

    Buckshot Active Member

    May 5, 2009
    Southern AZ
  2. carver

    carver Moderator Supporting Member

    I stopped giving/supporting WWP when I discovered that WWP is a lie. If you were wounded in service to your country, you were excluded if you were not in the present conflicts. VN vets are not excepted for treatment from WWP. And just why is it that the CEO of WWP get a $300 thousand dollar a year sallery? You would think that he would work for free! It's for a good cause ya know. Just like the Red Cross.

  3. Double D

    Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

    Jul 16, 2009
    North Florida
    I am still supporting them with a monthly donation, but I am waiting to see exactly what they say coming up soon. If they maintain their anti gun position, I will have to stop my support. Carver, every single organization has its issues..this one is no different...
  4. carver

    carver Moderator Supporting Member

    I agree, and I would not suggest that anyone STOP supporting WWP. It's my choice, but I do give money to http://www.soldiersangels.org/
  5. Dog Soldier

    Dog Soldier Well-Known Member

    Nov 7, 2012
    The Great Desert
    The 20% on each dollar makes it down to the veterans. The other 80% is going to the people who solict the funds. After looking at these facts gun issues aside, I will not support them. Find a veteran in your church or town give it direct to these families.;)
  6. carver

    carver Moderator Supporting Member

    Check out Slodier's Angles. http://www.soldiersangels.org/
  7. time2shoot

    time2shoot Well-Known Member Supporting Member

    Jan 17, 2012
    Brandon SD
    If your edgy about it buckshot but ya still want to help.
    Don't know what your health is like, but volenter to drive a disabled vet to his appt. or mow there lawn for them. show up with some nice take out.
    Cash donations are great. but if you realy want to help. help in a way they will realy need it. usaly day to day stuff.

    Take it from a disabled vet. It means more to me to have some one help me around the house,like mowing my yard, than a check or cash. It's hard to tell a check thank you.
  8. aa1911

    aa1911 Well-Known Member

    Dec 12, 2010
    Pacific Northwest
    I did some bike races and raised a bunch of money for them but I have to question some of their policies. Overall it is a good organization but like said, there are faults to be found in anything that large.

    And I'm not gonna slam em yet either, I still have a ways to go in the military and may need them yet!
  9. cheesewiz

    cheesewiz Well-Known Member

    Mar 25, 2012
    Same reason I stopped the United Way ......80% of the money went to the office and the CEO .....then there was cash disappearing .....it always sounds great and starts out great then down hill it goes .....
  10. terryu1

    terryu1 Armed Infidel

    Oct 16, 2009
    NE Pennsylvania
    I will see what they have to say but I have been an Advance Guard member for almost two years and this will have to stop. There are other good vet charities that have the same values I have.
  11. north tex

    north tex Active Member

    Jan 30, 2011
    Leonard, Tx
    Some good news:


    Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
  12. ampaterry

    ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

    Dec 20, 2008
    West Tennessee
    Just looked them up on Charity Navigator.

    You might find it interesting - about half of donations go to overhead?
    And their honcho DOES knock down over 300K a year.

    Check them here:

    Be sure and scroll to the bottom of that page and see how they stack up against the other four charities doing the same kind of work; they rank last.
  13. Buckshot

    Buckshot Active Member

    May 5, 2009
    Southern AZ
    No matter how this turns out, I think there are probably better choices for donations. Make no mistake, no matter your choice, the point is to support our veterans and our military personnel. Tangible, on-going support. We owe them everything.
  14. carver

    carver Moderator Supporting Member

Similar Threads
Forum Title Date
The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr Wounded Warrior Project doesn't want gun money Nov 19, 2012
The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr Bush and wounded warriors 7-4-11 Aug 6, 2011
The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr 5 killed, 13 wounded in Chicago weekend shootings May 15, 2016
The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr At least three dead, 20 wounded in San Bernardino, California shooting Dec 2, 2015
The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr Another 5 Killed, 19 Wounded in Chicago's Weekend Violence Jun 23, 2014