Wounded Warrior Project doesn't want gun money

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by norahc, Nov 19, 2012.

1. norahc

norahc Active Member

An hour's drive from the nearest McDonald's
  2. time2shoot

time2shoot Well-Known Member

thanks for the info norahc.
  3. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

I think Yeager is an idiot, but I am glad you posted this. This is the third time someone has said this about WW. I am calling them today to withdraw my monthly support.
  4. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
  5. Double D

I just got off the phone with the Jacksonville office and the lady said that this is all a mistake and that their CEO went on a national gun talk show yesterday to clear it up. She claims that they fully support the 2nd amendment and they take their WWs on hunts and that this all started when they declined an invite to a gun talk show. So, now, who do we believe?
  6. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
  7. GunHugger

GunHugger Well-Known Member

I will still support them and help out with the local WW projects. I have donated two 22 rifles to the local WW project and help out with shooting and hunting with those in my area.

A guy that I know and used to work with is a Wounded Warrior that was blinded from a near mortar hit. These guys earned our help and respect regardless of what the big shots in the WW may or may not have said about guns.

Personally I don't believe any of that BS and suspect it to be just a blown out of control rumor from those that hate our military and all that it does.
  8. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

I verified that the WWP head honcho does knock down nearly 1/3 million dollars a year.
    And they rank poorly financially, with only about half of donations actually reaching the guys they are supposedly formed to help.
    Even the Red Cross, as much as I hate them, does a lot better than this -
  9. Double D

I am continuing to research them before I completely pull the plug, but I am close. Here is the problem. Like EVERY SINGLE organization out there, they too have their problems, they are no different than the rest.
  10. flboots

flboots Well-Known Member

I just finished reading this same thing on The Truth About Guns. He sure makes alot of money helping vets. There were also other CEOs that run non profit orig. making boatloads of cash off the contributions. The CEO of the Am. Red Cross makes around $600,000 plus expen. You should check this out, its an eye opener.
  11. Double D

It is happening in most large organizations out there. Problem is, do we shut off our support completely even when they are still doing some good? I want to support the WWs somehow and they are doing some good....
  12. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

13. Double D

I cant get it to play. It lets me play all the parts but that one.
  14. TotheTop83

TotheTop83 Member

easy on the class warfare bro...you sound like Obama.

Wounded Warrior Foundation is separate from politics. If you only support a foundation that supports your vets when it's convenient for you, then those vets should only fight for you when it's convenient for them.

If that were the case I'd leave every last one of your asses on the field because you aren't worth my ass taking a round.
  15. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

I've got over 6 years before I can retire so will likely be in OEF again at least a couple more times. While not all of your dollar reaches the vets, it's still a benificial organization that does a lot of good.

Being that I may be in need of programs like this yet, I will continue to support them although making our opinions heard to the WWF is necessary to help steer them on the right path if at all possible.

Will have to keep up on this subject, it's a tough nut to crack I think.