WOW!! Chili Verde.

Discussion in 'Ruffit's Domestic & Wild Game Cooking/ Recipe Foru' started by flannelman, Dec 9, 2008.

1. flannelman

flannelman New Member

Rural Arkansas. But isn't all of Arkansas rural?
    This is a recipie a friend of mine gave me a couple of years back. Man this stuff is good!!

2 lb cubed meat (I like to use deer but beef is good too.)
    4 cans beef broth
    2 cans chicken broth
    1 cup chopped celery
    1 cup chopped onion
    3 medium potatos cubed
    2 cans green chili (however hot ya want)
    2 cans white hominy
    4 cloves garlic
    1 tsp cumin
    1 tsp black pepper
    1/2 tsp ground sage
    1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
    1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
    salt to taste

Heat olive oil in a large pot and add half of the onion, celery, and garlic. Fry till the veggies are clear then add the meat and brown. After the meat is brown, dump everything else in the pot and walk away for a few hours. Acutally bring it to a boil then lower to a simmer and cook till the potatos are done. The longer you let it cook the better it is! Cook up some cornbread cakes on the griddle or fry tortilla strips to serve on the side.
  2. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

Can't wait to try this one... Thanks a lot!

Crpdeth