Wrong thread?

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by Green, Jun 2, 2006.

1. Green

Green New Member

I posted a question on the tech. questions thread about the CZ52 barrell. No bites. Soooo......being that the CZ is a c&r,perhaps someome might know a bit more here. One of the roller berrings falls out and jams the action. Do I have to get the whole new barrell and all? What is the best course for me to follow?Thanks for any help.
  2. Light Coat

Light Coat New Member

Those bearings are suppused to be held in by the slip ring. This sounds particularly nasty. Sounds to my like something is wrong with the ring; not the barrel. Maybe a picture of the barrel assembly and relevant parts?? I used to own a bunch of 52's and this just is not something I have seen happen. Most often the problem that crops up is the pin coming out of the barrel catch and the pistol falling apart while being operated.
  3. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

Hold em' in place with Duct Tape :) . The good thing about the 52's is they have a decent size aftermarket. Barrels, little bearings and slip rings ain't to hard to find.
  4. Green

Green New Member

Thankyou much. I guess i'll check around for the "slip ring". I tried the duck tape. It's only good for a couple hundred rounds.
  5. southernshooter

Green ya gotta use the high heat exhaust tape :)
  6. Green

Green New Member

:eek: That'l work Southern. Ahh technology!
  7. Green, for what it might be worth to you, I noticed J&G has replacement firing pins available for the CZ52s right now, priced at $9.99 apiece. Always nice to have a few spares. http://www.jgsales.com/
  8. Green

Green New Member

Thanks Pistolenschutze. I'll check into it. I think I may have to get it in shootable condition first though. Can't break a firing pin untill then.
    :)
  9. southernshooter

Hey GREEN a piece of advice. Why don't you buy another gun take which ever one is in better shape shoot it and use the other as a parts gun
  10. Light Coat

Light Coat New Member

I'd avoid the old cast pins. There was a stainless on the market that ran about $25; I did not break one of those. The 52's are cheap enough every guy should buy 3 and shoot one.
  11. Green

Green New Member

Yes indeed,I have thought of just buying anothher one. But $$$wife$$$$wife$$$ kinda puts a hold on that for now.
  12. southernshooter

We have all been their Green