wtb 1916 spanish mauser parts upperhandgaurd and front screw

Discussion in 'General Military Arms & History Forum' started by Guest, Mar 4, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

runabout199
    (3/11/02 1:41:05 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All wtb 1916 spanish mauser parts upperhandgaurd and front screw
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    if you have these parts or know where to get them please post herethanks im a avid collector of old mausers and nagants hell any gun any way any info will be mostly app.

semper fi

polishshooter
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/12/02 11:42:49 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: wtb 1916 spanish mauser parts upperhandgaurd and front s
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Runabout, why not also put this in Buy/Sell/Trade, and Curio and Relics forums? While we get crossover here, some gun nuts that would answer are just that, and not necessarily hard core blithering history nuts like we are, but WE can go either way..

(I mean about History and Guns that is...)

I can move it if you want...let me know.

Feel free to post anywhere, and WELCOME.

BTW, is your 16 in .308? How do you like it and how does it shoot? I've always wanted a 1916 Spanish in .308, probably for 20 years or more but have never got around to getting one yet...plus I've heard the scuttlebutt that they are unsafe with standard .308 Winchester, actually were for .308 CETME, a lighter load...but then heard others say they shoot NATO in it all the time with no problems....
    Hi. My name is Mike. And I am a Nagantaholic. "Don't hear him call you an @sshole, hear WHY He's calling you an @sshole." ---- From "A Season on the Brink"

Edited by: polishshooter at: 3/12/02 11:45:50 am

polishshooter
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/17/02 11:55:19 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: wtb 1916 spanish mauser parts upperhandgaurd and front s
    Runabout, I forgot all about this post! I have a 1916 for sale right now in GB, I just picked it up Friday at a show, and it was in worse shape than I thought when i got it home, so I'm just trying to get my money out of it...I started it at $1 no reserve, it's up to $35 now...

The handguard on it is cracked from the front sight back towards the reciever...looks like with some epoxy it could be fixed well and not even look repaired, other than that the handguard is in pretty good shape.

It's complete as far as I can tell except for the adjuster on the rear sight, which is missing.

The stock is cracked and halfassed repaired on the outside, would be serviceable, but when I had it apart there is another crack inside where the mag well butts against the wood at the front...also looks repairable.

No other markings on it but the serial numbers, but it's just in what I would call Fair condition...bolt doesn't match, rest does...bore is Good, but barrel is pitted under the handguard.

I was pretty disappointed in it when I got it home,....but then I'm no Mauser man...
    Hi. My name is Mike. And I am a Nagantaholic. "Don't hear him call you an @sshole, hear WHY he's calling you an @sshole." -------- From "A Season on the Brink"