WTH ! Jury duty letter again ??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jack404, Nov 21, 2011.

1. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

November for December

third time this year !!

how often you folks get called up ?

hassle is too many folks get trivial troubles and it strikes em off the list
  2. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

I have yet to be called and I've been a registered voter for over 20 years now. Maybe I'm on the list of "not welcomed for jury duty" ???
  3. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

I received notice over 20yrs ago that I was a possible for federal jury duty but never got the summons for it.
  4. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

last one i dunno what it was about i got asked what do i think should happen to rapists and i told em , one guy say something to another guy and the beak said "your excused" and i came home ..
  5. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

I have done it once. I showed up got my money. Sat in a room reading a news paper for 2 hours then they said the witness didn't show up you can leave.

So I went home packed up and went deer waiting. Waited the rest of the day for nothing.
  6. terryu1

terryu1 Armed Infidel Supporting Member

Usually we only get called for our County Court but once you are called and you go (whether you are picked for a jury or not) you do not have to go again for two years. My wife just got another and she was on a jury for a case last year. One phone call took care of it. They send them though cause some have nothing else to do and enjoy it. Personally I find it hard to sit there for hours on end waiting. HOWEVER, I have only been called twice in past ten years and both times received a letter prior to the date I was to go telling me I did not have to go. I guess they know me LOL
  7. goofy

goofy Well-Known Member

I have never gotten the letter and nether has my wife.Gess they know us:eek:
  8. Jackman

Jackman New Member

19 years called three times.......
  9. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

it was once a year here but jury duty and a few other things are connected to criminal history etc ,

when gun control can in a few hundred thousand got records and now its linked to fines and driving records they have to send you through two times i suppose , they changed to law to allow it

see how police states work ? driving charges , no jury duty , no gun permit , a few other things ..

but folks have turned it round on the govt and claim disadvantaged to get priority on other stuff, its screwed ..
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2011
  10. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I have been summoned twice this year. got out of it both times.

I just told them I wasnt coming because i couldnt afford the time off work. They excused me no problem.
  11. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

I dont mind doing it , just commenting on the frequency

I was on one once about a guy who beat up his dog and a another guy saw it , punched him out one time he was beating the dog and took it home and looked after it

great case eh , the guy who beat the lowlife did get pinched and 100 hours community service and no record if he completed it correctly and on time

the guy with the dog got 15 months gaol for animal cruelty and lost the dog to the bloke who defended it ..

another was just a "he said /she said" real estate tussle

another a drunk on his 4th DUI ..
  12. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Moderator

I've never been selected, but my wife is currently "available" to be summoned. She actually has been called twice this quarter to come in, but both times there was a plea bargain before they actually began jury selection.

I don't know that I ever will be selected. At least in this area, ministers are dismissed based on occupation without even requesting it. For some reason, they just don't want us.
  13. DixieLandMan

DixieLandMan Member

only been called once. Malpractice case.
  14. dons2346

dons2346 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

65 years, only called twice.
  15. jjmitchell60

jjmitchell60 Active Member

Raised in Buzzard Roost near Frog Town in hillls o
    State law here is we cannot get called but for a 6 month period in a 2 year span. I am currently on the grand jury for 3 more months and cannot be called agin for state jury duty for 2 years. As to federal jury duty, never been called and hope I never do! By the way, here in the State of KY we receive a whopping $12.50 a day for jury duty no matter if you are there 1 hour or 20 hours. I will be at grand jury duty 5 times in 6 months, third Monday each month which today was one, and I will get a check in March for $75. Jury pay here in KY has been the same amount since the 1950s or so.