WTT WTS forum questions

Discussion in 'TFF Technical Support Forum & Suggestion Box' started by H-D, Nov 19, 2011.

1. H-D

H-D Active Member

Am I the only person who thinks that you should have to have a certain number of posts to sell items (especially guns) in our WTT WTS forum?
    I'm seeing a lot of people who have some vague description of a gun with no pics I'd be leery to send money to someone over the internet especially if they only come here to post their items and never post anything else, not so much as a "my name is Bob howdy"
  2. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I tend to agree with you on this one HD. I only buy from the folks I know here.
  3. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

H-D i'm with you there , but i honestly would not buy from such a post .. I've looked a few guns over the while and bought a couple too ( 1 still in limbo thanks to the rules here but its paid for) but only from folks who have a fair few posts up and have other post good info about their dealings , if the person posting had no refereences it'd be off the table for me

i've had only excellent experiences this way , so i think its worth someone haveing a few posts up so we can see more about them etc
  4. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

We have a post in that forum that reads, " Use caution when purchasing from members with less than 50 posts". Also, any firearms for sale posts without pictures are deleted.....for good reason. USE CAUTION.
    We have been working on a way to restrict posts in that forum to anyone with a post count less than 50. We sort of get to know members by the time they make 50 posts.

Now, I'm moving this to the proper forum. :)
  5. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

No, you are not the only one.
  6. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

you're not alone in your thinking H-D. What gets me is when they gripe about not getting any replies or having a great gun at a great price and not getting it sold.......... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: I would love to tell them, this is a firearms Forum, not a gun shop. The WTT/WTS section is here for actual MEMBERS, not just guys looking for a quick sale.
  7. H-D

H-D Active Member

Thanks for the move Shooter! I figured you guys would put it where it needed to go.
  8. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

That is damn well put Chris. We should sticky this post at the top of the Buy/Sell/Trade forum. :patriotic: