1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

WW-II Era Walther PPK 7.62MM

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by dbinkc, Nov 24, 2008.

1. dbinkc

dbinkc New Member

I inherited a WWII Walther PPK 7.62. It has the original military holster, 1 magazine. The serial number is 383XXX. There is a "P" after the serial number and the initials "ac" under it. Condition, I guess would be fair for the blueing, wear on the sharp edges, no major scratches. The grips are original. There are German military stamp markings (and Eagle) on the slide and barrel. The numbers match on both the frame and slide. I have an original certificate dated Sept. 22, 1945 signed by a 2nd LT. authorizing the possession and import of this "captured military equipment". I am attaching photos. Just wondering what the value might be. Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. wonderwhippet

wonderwhippet Active Member

You have a nice late war PP with capture papers. The value of this rig would be somewhere between $800 and $1000. Does the holster have any military or factory stampings, or is it unmarked?
  3. dbinkc

dbinkc New Member

The only marking on the holster is on the interior, stamped in large type, "Walther P P", so I don't know if this is original issue or not. The leather is in great condition.
  4. Danny

Danny Member

Wonder is right on.Your pistol falls in 1944 and there should be a small w on the spline on the mag. It stands for soft metal.Your holster is also correct and as a rig, which you have, should bring 1200 or more on an auction site.
    However if it were me and did not need the cash, hold on to it, as these Walthers are getting harder to find and will only increase with value.
    Take Care
    Danny:)
  5. dbinkc

dbinkc New Member

Thank you very much, I appreciate the knowledge.
  6. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

Actually, 1944 ended in serial number 356450P and 1944 was the first use of "ac", Production ended in 4/45with serial number397000P, Serial number 383XXXP was one of the last wartime PP'S make. I would guess your PP was made in Feb. 1945
  7. Danny

Danny Member

Ron is correct I was sifting thru the data to fast but it should have wood grips instead of plastic.
    Regards
    Danny
  8. dbinkc

dbinkc New Member

Thanks guys! I never knew there was so much information available, especially in a war-time economy in the tank like they had then.
  9. dbinkc

dbinkc New Member

I have seen several of these pistols lately, and all seem to have the Walther name and model info engraved on the slide opposite of the ejection slot. The one I have does not. It is plain. Also, does the "ac" marking under the serial number indicate it is more common or less valuable?

Also, the holster is in very good condition, just some minor cracks on the strap, which makes me wonder if it is original. The markings stamped on the inner flap are D.R.G.M over a crest which looks like crossed rifles over a crest, then the intials Akan under that.