Ww1/Ww2 ammo mauser 8mm

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by fourniermod11, Nov 18, 2012.

1. fourniermod11

fourniermod11 New Member

2. Jim K

Jim K New Member

So what was proved or what was the tester trying to prove?

That a steel jacket lead core bullet can't be hammered through a steel plate? I think we know that. (That is not how AP bullets penetrate steel, anyway.)

And the burning powders? Smokeless powder, given reasonable storage, does not deteriiorate.

Jim
  3. fourniermod11

fourniermod11 New Member

All right Jim ,velocity The heat factor miss , but at 1000 yards , if you try on hard steel the result is same , That just fun to play whit newton formula for energy , For the powder im just curious to see burning speed for my reload ... Im cannot know exactly year of the bullet, im make save because i dont want to take chance whit ammo build in wartime... :)Look the lag after impact at 1000 frame seconde i think is resilience factor ?
  4. Buffalochip

Buffalochip Active Member

I fired a copper jacketed lead core bullet, c1938 8mm from a 1904 Portuguese Mauser, at a steel I beam (part of a tractor trailer chassis) from about 30 yards and it easily pierced the steel, leaving a melted crater on the opposite side. Not sure what the point is here...
  5. fourniermod11

fourniermod11 New Member

Buffalo when i have 16-17 years the steel mauser bullet is sale to military supply(2$x20) and im shoot lot s whit father mauser the barrel dont like that :)) but in 30 yard is flat trajectory , at 1000 yards not , im remember steel 8mm cross car engine at 100 feet :)The type of steel is factor....the steel have memory if you can move steel fast you broke molecule and that help the heat is other factor ,( i think).... Buffalo you are tractor hunter ? lol Sorry for bad my bad english ,,,Now i canot test this type ammo in live condition in Quebec....
  6. Buffalochip

Buffalochip Active Member

I was in Montreal in July (rode my bicycle from Toronto) and saw a big John Deere, but didn't get a shot off.