The Firearms Forum banner

Ww1/Ww2 ammo mauser 8mm

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Buffalochip 
#1 ·
Diiiiing is near ,toooong is too close :)

#2 ·
So what was proved or what was the tester trying to prove?

That a steel jacket lead core bullet can't be hammered through a steel plate? I think we know that. (That is not how AP bullets penetrate steel, anyway.)

And the burning powders? Smokeless powder, given reasonable storage, does not deteriiorate.

Jim

#3 ·
All right Jim ,velocity The heat factor miss , but at 1000 yards , if you try on hard steel the result is same , That just fun to play whit newton formula for energy , For the powder im just curious to see burning speed for my reload ... Im cannot know exactly year of the bullet, im make save because i dont want to take chance whit ammo build in wartime... :)Look the lag after impact at 1000 frame seconde i think is resilience factor ?

#5 ·
Buffalo when i have 16-17 years the steel mauser bullet is sale to military supply(2$x20) and im shoot lot s whit father mauser the barrel dont like that :)) but in 30 yard is flat trajectory , at 1000 yards not , im remember steel 8mm cross car engine at 100 feet :)The type of steel is factor....the steel have memory if you can move steel fast you broke molecule and that help the heat is other factor ,( i think).... Buffalo you are tractor hunter ? lol Sorry for bad my bad english ,,,Now i canot test this type ammo in live condition in Quebec....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.