WW2 ppk ID help

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by silicosys4, Jun 21, 2011.

1. silicosys4

silicosys4 Former Guest

Can anybody who is learned in these things help me ID this gun? from what i could find its early WW2 commercially sold, but that's as far as I was able to find. I didn't pay much, so I don't expect its worth much but it would be neat to know a little more about its story and maybe a value as well, thank you

Attached Files:

2. Martys1

Martys1 New Member

Looks like the Famous Walther PPK im no expert at all but James Bond used these in the movies i beleive which in turn made it a cult style pistol although as i understand they are of fantastic quality for the period, sorry i know thats not much help but thought it may be of interest.
  3. goofy

goofy Well-Known Member

Goodmorning silicosys4. It looks like the "K" suffix but could use more pics.Try to get the hole gun both right and left. Does it have any stamps or proof-marks.If it is the "K" then it is worth (in it's condition) between $300-$1000 depending on cal..380 worth more.But i need to see front of left slide(the whole ser.#.............GOOFY:)Sory I just re looked and remembered that i can move the screen:eek:(It's still early) yes it looks to be the "K" suffux! looking up ser# to see when it was made will post when i find it..........GOOFY....It could be the pre-war which would make it worth more I'm still checking;)....The K in ser # was also used by interarms in the ser# so I think i'm going to let others speak and read and learn:eek:
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2011
  4. valbehaved

valbehaved Member

Actually,that is an SS(RSHA)contract gun,as evidenced by the externally numbered slide in the serial range of under 330000K(approximately)
    Unfortunately, the grips are non-original replacements and the finish is poor.
    I would guess a retail value of about $800(about 3 times more of the value of the standard gun in the similar configuration and condition)
  5. silicosys4

silicosys4 Former Guest

Here is another shot, of the left side of the gun.

Attached Files:

6. silicosys4

silicosys4 Former Guest

here is a photo with the grips off, they are indeed franzite

Attached Files:

7. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

Even with the grips and poor finish you have nice piece of history. This is a PPK that might actually have been taken off a SS officer.
  8. silicosys4

silicosys4 Former Guest

An update on this gun
    Based on information I have found, and have been given, this gun appears to be an RSHA 4th version, and as such was issued to the infamous SS. The serial # > 335k as well as being on the slide as well as the frame would indicate that. However, there seems to be some debate in conversations being had about this gun. It seems without the serial #'d magazine that came with the gun, this cannot be confirmed. So It seems that I have something more than I first thought, thanks everyone for helping.

P.S. If Danny is around and he wants to shoot me a price, i'd love to know what this gun is currently worth, and if i should bother getting some nice grips for it.
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2011